We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Border Violence

new haven, ct
Level Contributor
2 posts
480 reviews
Save Topic
Border Violence

Was planning to take a quick jaunt over the border next month in the small town of Tecate. Have read that it's seemed to "escape the violence" currently running amok in northern Mexico, but the State Department's warnings, while not mentioning Tecate, are a bit sobering. Has anyone heard of any recent violence or problems in the town?

Washington
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Border Violence

i would love to know the answer to this as well! I did call Rancho LaPuerta (which has a Tecate address) and spoke with a gal there. She said that they have been open for 70 years and have never had any safety issues. I asked her if they are discouraging travel to Tecate and she said, “Why would they do that? There are no safety problems here.” From her perspective there is no reason not to go into Tecate. Im would love to hear anyone else's input as well.

2. Re: Border Violence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Tecate