We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Mexico. Need advice PLEASE

Which Ajijic hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
First time to Mexico. Need advice PLEASE

Ideally looking for a quiet resort to be able to swim in gulf/ocean, i.e little wind place. We are a couple around 50. Many thanks in advance for advices.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Mexico. Need advice PLEASE

Not near Ajijic, lol!

Costalegre is our fav.

M

M

Waukesha, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
247 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to Mexico. Need advice PLEASE

I agree with M. Ajijic is not a place for sun and beach worship. It is more of a leisure walk, art gallery gallore, and peaceful scenery, but if you are looking for swim in the gulf/ocean, head to the coast, either Puerto Vallarta, Costa Alegre, or Manzanillo. These cities and towns offer great beach resorts with lots to do. It is not that far from Ajijic.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
742 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to Mexico. Need advice PLEASE

What do people mean by " not in Ajjjiill? what is that?

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
954 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to Mexico. Need advice PLEASE

The original poster accidentally posted their message on the Ajijic forum (look at the title of the page) which is why everyone thinks this is an Ajijic question.

(Ajijic is a town near Guadalajara)

To the original poster: I would suggest re-posting your message on the Cancun and Puerto Vallarta forums...the people on those forums will probably know more about the beaches than us.

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
11,768 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time to Mexico. Need advice PLEASE

No Ajijic is not the area to post your question, we are a lake town. Lago de Chapala.

I too suggest you try posting on the PV, Manzanillo, Bucerias, Rincon de Guayabitos San Blas, NV or just Pacific Coast forums.

I am nearing 50 and well I love PV, & NV. If you are looking for smaller or quaint maybe south side of PV or Bucerias or Rincon.

Good luck. Happy Vacation.

Stop by Ajijic, in Lago de Chapala sometime for a different type of vacation, no beach here, I only wish LOL.

6. Re: First time to Mexico. Need advice PLEASE

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 10:17