We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Tlaquepaque to Ajijic?

Which Ajijic hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
tx
Level Contributor
62 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Tlaquepaque to Ajijic?

Hi,

We'll be in Tlaquepaque for about 2 weeks and want to ride the bus from there to Ajijic. Wondered if someone knows how to do this. (I'm sure we'll eventually figure it out, after all that's part of our fun traveling in Mexico.) I've read we go to the "old" bus station and take a red and white bus to Chapala. Then we stand on the street and hail a red and white combi. Is this close to being correct? I wonder how much time we should allow for the travel to Ajijic? I don't want to be late for the Weight Watchers meeting! Thanks so much for any help you can provide.

Lake Chapala, Mexico
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Tlaquepaque to Ajijic?

That´s correct, the easiest way is to go to the "Old" bus station (Don´t go to the "New" they don´t have bus to Chapala). To return to Guadalajara you will have to stand in the Ajijic Road and take the bus that says Guadalajara, ask the bus if its first class, if not wait till the next one, they pass every 30 minutes.

BTW: Read the bus it has to say "Directo" for first class.

2. Re: Bus from Tlaquepaque to Ajijic?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2009, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Ajijic