We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving around Lake Patzcuaro?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Driving around Lake Patzcuaro?

We will be in Patzcuaro a few weeks from now and plan to drive around the lake. Does anyone have any advice? How long is the drive? What is worth stopping for? Any other tips? Thanks.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
2,025 posts
448 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving around Lake Patzcuaro?

The Lake Patzcuaro area is one of our favorites! The length of the drive around the Lake depend on the amount of time you spend in the towns and villages around the Lake. I would recommend stopping in Tzintzutzan for the archelogical site and straw products, a side trip to Capula for Day of the Dead Catrinas and pottery, Quiroga for a variety of "market town" products and carnitas for lunch, Eronongaricuaro for a stop at the Compestre Aleman German restaurant, and Tocuaro for the carved wooden masks. It is a great drive and worthy of a fairly full day.

To give you an idea what the drive is like, he is a YouTube video we shot with a dash cam last August:

http://youtu.be/yGrfjSBJdrc

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving around Lake Patzcuaro?

Agree with poster 1. I hired a cab for a day exploring the lake area. Was incredibly reasonable he asking but 300 pesos for about a 5 hour trip. I gave him 500 thinking even that not enough.

PS Also took a cab to Morelia for 200 pesos one way.

3. Re: Driving around Lake Patzcuaro?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2014, 18:15
Get answers to your questions about Patzcuaro