We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Farmacias

Which Reynosa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
South Carolina
1 post
Save Topic
Farmacias

I like to cross over from McAllen and go to the farmacias where I buy medication. I here that you can't bring medicine across the border F from Reynosa unless security inspects it. Is this true?

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
15,630 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Farmacias

At any border crossing, you need a prescription and medicines that are allowed to be brought in. In general the ones that are a problem are those that are narcotics (hyrdocodone, oxycodone, percoset, etc.), mood control drugs such as valium, prozac, etc., and pseudophedrine and similar over the counter medications which can be used to make meth. The person transporting the drugs must be the person whose name is on the prescription. In some cases it is necessary to have a prescription from a Mexican doctor in order to carry the drugs in Mexico. Do some searches, "buying medicines in mexico."

2. Re: Farmacias

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 04:16