We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brisas De Mita vs Four Seasons

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Brisas De Mita vs Four Seasons

Hello,

I am planning a Honeymoon in PV. While I really like the idea of a boutique hotel, my partner likes the idea of the Four Seasons. We have stayed at the Ritz Carlton in various locations and I find these upscale hotels are not too different than a newer Westin or Marriott. And 14USD for a Red Stripe makes me cringe. Cuisine may be the difference here. Any comments are welcome, thanks!

Punta Mita Expeditions
Dolphin & Whale Watching, Scuba & Snorkeling, Stand-Up Paddleboarding
Dressel Divers
Scuba & Snorkeling
Mita Aventuras
Scuba & Snorkeling, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing, Bike Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours
Spearmex
Fishing Charters & Tours
Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,614 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brisas De Mita vs Four Seasons

We have a home on the beach where Brisas de Mita (aka Casa Las Brisas) is located. I think they only recently changed the name as it used to be called Casa Las Brisas).

If I were you, I'd carefully read the reviews of the Four Seasons and, I think you'll find that many people who stay there end up eating a fair number of their meals outside the Resort. Here's a link to the Overview page. There's a Dining Out section (local restaurants). Mananas and Vito's are Gourmet quality and many of the others are good. . So, if you found Casa Las Brisas' cuisine lacking, you could still afford to eat out in the area. But I don't think you'd find it lacking. We've eaten there periodically. Also, of course, check out the reviews of Casa Las Brisas here at Trip Advisor.

tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g499443-Punta_de_Mit…

One of the nice things about Brisas de Mita, is that what you pay includes everything.. They'll even let you use a car to travel around the area (at no extra charge). At the Four Seasons, according to people who've stayed there, they charge you for every little thing. $175/day to rent a beach cabana. $6.00 for a glass of milk for a child, $50 for a hamburger meal, etc.

I'm prejudiced I guess, but the beach on which Brisas de Mita is located is one of the finest around. It's just past the Punta Mita property. . No vendors, hardly any people (just homes). At the top right hand of the page is a picture of what the beach looks like. Brisas de Mita/Casa Las Brisas at the end, just to the right of the dark rocks.

If you have questions about the Four Seasons you might want to e-mail some of the people who've posted Reviews.

Good luck and congratulations.

Libby

Morrison
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Brisas De Mita vs Four Seasons

We stayed at the Four Seasons in May. While it will be expensive, there are some ways to save some money.

First, we stopped on the way from the airport and bought tequila, limes and Controy (a great orange liqueur for margaritas not available in the states and cheap), vodka, wine and some beer. Being able to make margs in the room saved a good chunk of change, and since I've been making them for 20 years, I like our own better than those at the FS.

Now, when you're chilling at the pool you won't want to go back to your room every time you want a drink, but it was great after the pool and after dinner.

We ate dinner in the village 3 out of the four nights. It gives you more of a taste of Mexico there and it is significantly less expensive (with the possible exception of Vito's).

We never really ate lunch there. we'd just order a couple of appetizers poolside. The nachos and seafood quesadillas were awesome.

I don't know anything about Brisas De Mita, so I can't compare. But the FS is gorgeous and really luxurious. Great people and service. However, if you stay there I would eat some meals in the village -- not just to save money, but to get a more "Mexico" feel.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
165 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brisas De Mita vs Four Seasons

If you want a totally intimate and absolutely relaxing and private time, nothing but nothing compares to Casa Brisas de Mita! My husband and I are returning this winter for our fourth time and we had our daughter's wedding there in February. The staff absolutely are wonderful and if there is something that you desire they will make sure you have it.

It is truly a heavenly place.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
66 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brisas De Mita vs Four Seasons

My husband and I (29/33) stayed at Casa Las Brisas in March 2007, and had a wonderful experience. The food was great and the staff/service was top notch.

I'm sure the Four seasons is amazing, so I guess it really depends on what you're looking for...my husband and I prefer the smaller, more intimate boutique hotel experience. Either way, Punta de Mita is a wonderful area...great beach, beautiful sunsets! Head into Sayulita and San Pancho for a day trip or some "night life".

5. Re: Brisas De Mita vs Four Seasons

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 16:16