We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Archaeological site on Careyeros mountain.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,943 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Archaeological site on Careyeros mountain.

Has anyone been up there? It's on the mountain inside Punta Mita. I believe Four Seasons has tours from their Cultural Centre. Perhaps others do. Just wondered if anyone has been there? I'll get there one of these days but in the meantime, would love a report.

www.megalithic.co.uk/article.php?sid=18241

Mentioned in this post
Punta de Mita
Punta de Mita
Riviera Nayarit, Mexico
Calgary
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Archaeological site on Careyeros mountain.

Hi - I'm going down there in 3 days. I'm planning on hiking up to see what is up there & post pics. Impossible to find any info or photos on line, so hopefully what I post will help others. Unfortunately you are not able to access the mountain unless you are a resident or guest of the Four Seasons Punta Mita since the mountain is located on the resort property. They won't even let you in past the front gates unless you're staying there. Will report back in just over a week!

Mentioned in this post
Punta de Mita
Punta de Mita
Riviera Nayarit, Mexico
illinois
Level Contributor
560 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Archaeological site on Careyeros mountain.

I know the 4 Seasons had bad publicity when it moved a whole native village to set up the resort (good chapter in "Gringos in Paradise" Book). You would hpoe they or the government would protect and make accessible a historical site?

3. Re: Archaeological site on Careyeros mountain.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 11:20