We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa De Mita and the economy

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
153 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Casa De Mita and the economy

Have read the wonderful reviews of this resort and we are thinking of booking for Jan '10. I see that there are at least 5 different rooms available for the time we are vacationing and since the hotel has only 8 or so it made me a bit concerned. How is business down there? I would hate to lose a deposit if the resort closed. Appreciate any advice. We usually cruise on small ships but thought it would be fun to make a trip to the PM area as we can fly direct to PV from Denver.

Punta Mita Expeditions
Dolphin & Whale Watching, Stand-Up Paddleboarding, Scuba & Snorkeling
Mita Aventuras
Bike Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Dressel Divers
Scuba & Snorkeling
Fishing Charters & Tours
Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,799 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa De Mita and the economy

Hi Yogagal: I'm a few doors down from Casa de Mita right now. Lots of cars outside :). Of course only the owner can tell you about his financial situation but I personally wouldn't worry. The owner built the hotel himself, has built other houses in the area and has interests in other local businesses.

Rumson, New Jersey
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa De Mita and the economy

Casa De Mita is a wonderful small resort and if you really want to stay there I would recommend contacting them as soon as possible. I have been there two years ago and returning March of 2010. I can tell you from past experience most guests checking out are making their reservation for the next year if not sooner!

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casa De Mita and the economy

Hi Yogagal,

We are booked for January for 6 nights. We went there last January and loved the place. We have stayed at the Four Seasons several years ago and way

prefer this gem of a hotel! I wouldn't worry about the place going out of business I just think people are tending to not book vacations (except for the holiday) too far out. I wouldn't wait too long to book a room, especially if you

want a certain room like an upstairs unit or a suite.

It is great having direct flights from Denver!

Perhaps we will see you there :)

4. Re: Casa De Mita and the economy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2010, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Punta de Mita
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question