We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live: From the Palladium

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Topic
Live: From the Palladium

We arrived Saturday evening after a 4.5 hour flight on Air Transat. It wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting, based on my own previous experiences and those of others. Leg room was better (I'm 6'1"), beverages were plentyful, even complimentary champagne and wine with the meal. The meal itself wasn't bad at all, I wasn't even expecting one.

After the usual clusterf*ck at the airport (watch out for the TimeSharks!) we were on our way to the Palladium. One stop and 50 mins later we arrived at the resort. Check-in was painless, we have an ocean view room on the top floor of building 2 overlooking the pool. Service is great, no complaints. The buffet food is good, we haven't tried any restaurants yet, but plan to try the Mexican one tonight.

I love the layout of the resort, and the open air facilities. I stayed at a Cancun resort once and everything was enclosed and stuffy.

One thing I didn't read on here was how much they rape you for sunscreen in the gift shop. We forgot to get some before leaving, so we were forced to pay almost $25 for a bottle!

We spent yesterday on the beach, it was bright and sunny. Today is a little cloudier, but very warm. Tomorrow we will be taking the "chicken bus" (as our signature rep called it) into PV. Later in the week we may rent a car for some out of the way sight seeing.

Until next time.... Adios Amigos!

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,914 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live: From the Palladium

So HOW is the room? clean? noisy? What room # did you get ?

Lucky you are on the top floor.

the Bus is Fun to do.

Make sure about the Insurance.. and NOTE any damage before you take a car.. Do you really want to drive on those roads ? lol

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Live: From the Palladium

We are in room 2212 - its very nice and clean, there are a few small cracks here and there, but nothing that takes away from it. It is over the activity pool, so if you are looking for quiet in the room during the day, then fugghetabootit. But there are plenty of places to go to find quiet.

I'm not concerned about driving here, can't be any worse than some other places I've driven. I ride a motorcycle, so all traffic is crazy to me. If you simply drive like the locals, its all good.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
312 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live: From the Palladium

LOL, I like your posting...I see you did not "unplug" for the week. Did you end up taking your notebook and access the wireless in lobby?

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Live: From the Palladium

Well... technically, I'm still unplugged - running on wireless and battery :o). Yes, I'm sitting in the lobby with free flowing mai-tais. However, my cell phone is off, and I'm not checking my emails. To me, this is unplugged. My job at home requires constant attention, even during my "off" time. This is a huge stretch for me!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
312 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live: From the Palladium

Awesome, keep us all posted at home how the trip is going. 3 more wks for me until I get to enjoy paradise. Would love to hear how the chicken run went.

Duncan, Canada
Level Contributor
263 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Live: From the Palladium

We're coming Saturday, will you still be there?

Michele

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
312 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Live: From the Palladium

I think he is leaving on the plane that will be bringing you down, as it appears you are both travelling Air Transat.

Duncan, Canada
Level Contributor
263 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Live: From the Palladium

I'm WestJet.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
312 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Live: From the Palladium

Ooops, sorry about that.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,303 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Live: From the Palladium

MicheleKath : when you get back can you let me know what your west jet flight was like, eg) food, drinks etc

Get answers to your questions about Punta de Mita