We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Punta de Mita Condo

Overland Park...
Level Contributor
249 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Punta de Mita Condo

We usually spend two weeks in a condo in Nuevo Vallarta. For our upcoming trip I am thinking a week in Punta de Mita and a week in NV. Checking the condos I am considering Emiliano Zapata and El Ancote. Not being familiar with the area, which would have the better (sand) beach and closer to the beachfront restaurants, please? We are not surfers or snorklers, however, love a walk on the beach and enjoying local restaurants. Many thanks!

Higuera Blanca...
Destination Expert
for Punta de Mita
Level Contributor
873 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Punta de Mita Condo

The two areas are within half a mile of each other. Emiliano Zapata has a sandier beach, but, I´d go with El Anclote. Beachfront restaurants right there and beach is fine. You can always take a walk to Emiliano Zapata.

Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
31 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Punta de Mita Condo

I have a strong preference for Emiliano Zapata because it is much much quieter than Anclote - and which is why I stopped staying in Sayulita and my new home away from home is Mita. I stay at a small hotel there called La Quinta del Sol (and most recenty stayed at a condo in El Farito for a month). It's a 3 minute walk to the beginning of the Anclote "restaurant row" and 8 minutes to the end from El Farito. And you'd add 5 minutes to that if you were staying at a condo at the furthest point from Anclote.

I also love that you can surf the little break right in front (just like you can at Anclote but far less crowded). Nice beach. Just a sweet neighborhood that feels more mexican than being at the Anclote strip.

Enjoy!

Overland Park...
Level Contributor
249 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Punta de Mita Condo

Thank you, indierhythm!

Higuera Blanca...
Destination Expert
for Punta de Mita
Level Contributor
873 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Punta de Mita Condo

Just to be clear, we love Emiliano Zapata, but, after about 9 pm it´s very rural. If you want to be able to go out your door and find restaurants, etc., El Anclote might be better for you. It just depends. Good luck.

Overland Park...
Level Contributor
249 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Punta de Mita Condo

Thanks pngreg!

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
268 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Punta de Mita Condo

How practical is it to walk at night from Emiliano Zapata to the restraunts at El Anclote? We are travelling with a young child.

We are looking at a condo in Emiliano Zapata, but would more than likley eat out each evening.

Higuera Blanca...
Destination Expert
for Punta de Mita
Level Contributor
873 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Punta de Mita Condo

]We have always driven around there at night, but it doesn´t seem really very practical after dark. But fine in the light. You´d probably be fine with a large flashlight but I´m not sure I´d want to do it every night. It´s just that there are no street lights and the road isn´t paved all the way along. .

Take a look at El Anclote condos if you´re in doubt. Very close to everything.

8. Re: Punta de Mita Condo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2014, 07:19