We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar scheduled to open in December 2013

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,343 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Iberostar scheduled to open in December 2013

This project was started in 2005 and then abandoned in 2008, lleaving the shell looking awful, but now, it is swarming with workers. The Spanish owner of Iberostar invested $100 Million dollars in the project

It is located about 10 minutes north west of the Palladium, in Litibú which is off the road between Punta Mita and Sayulita.

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Iberostar scheduled to open in December 2013

We have book there on Jan 11th, 2014. Hope it is ready!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
50 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Iberostar scheduled to open in December 2013

Anyone think I should book this for early December? Or too early?

Spruce Grove, Canada
Level Contributor
327 posts
1 review
Save Reply
33. Re: Iberostar scheduled to open in December 2013

I have visited new resorts in the past within their first month of opening. You can get great deals this way because you are a guinea pig of sorts and the staff will be in training. If you can go with the flow and won't mind not getting top notch service, give it a try if the price is right.

Claremont...
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
34. Re: Iberostar scheduled to open in December 2013

I am booked for XMAS week this year. I am looking forward to this resort.

Golden, Colorado
Level Contributor
110 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Iberostar scheduled to open in December 2013

Looking at booking this for the end of February 2014. Any new news? Apple vacations and funjet are both booking it.

Claremont...
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
36. Re: Iberostar scheduled to open in December 2013

Its been pretty silent on the forum regarding the resort. I plan on giving my review and update when I get back after the XMAS holidays.

Golden, Colorado
Level Contributor
110 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Iberostar scheduled to open in December 2013

Excellent Oscar. Thank you, hoping it is favorable because we need to book it before that. I'm sure they will start taxi service to the area to the nearby towns. It looks pretty secluded, I don't imagine it will be that secluded for long. I'm not finding a lot of pictures of the beach or anything like that.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,208 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Iberostar scheduled to open in December 2013

I am just still do surprised at the pricing, usually there is a intro rate or something but its very pricey for a brand new resort just opening. I looked at spring break, the very last week of march and its over 2000 plus taxes pp

Golden, Colorado
Level Contributor
110 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Iberostar scheduled to open in December 2013

I'm getting a price of $1500 pp through Applevacations.com for 7 nights including nonstop flight from Denver. That is less expensive than the Iberostar Tucan in the Riviera Maya... I don't think it's over priced at all. I don't know where you are looking, but Funjet also had a close price to this, but Apple was cheaper.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,208 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Iberostar scheduled to open in December 2013

well i am from canada, so that makes a big difference... we are a lot farther away. I have been to several resorts when they just opened and have always gotten a steal for a price, even 1500 is pricey imo for a brand new resort but that's just me...... the cheapest price i have found for us is 2029 plus 395 taxes p.p. apple was no better and yet wasn't direct..... and compared to Iberostars in the mayan on the same departure date i can do del mar cheaper and tucan for a tad less, lindo was only a few bucks more. plus i can leave 2 days later and save even more ...... see why i think it's a bit pricey for a brand new hotel? I also have been to a iberostar twice when they were brand new and gotten super cheap stay, so i was hoping for the same this time around... oh well just looks like we won't get to go that's all ....