We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar updates

champaign,il
Level Contributor
108 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Iberostar updates

Are there any updates on the Iberostar opening? Does anyone know if they will have a heated pool? Thanks!

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
259 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar updates

Our TA visited the property a week or two ago...she said the construction is basically done...they are just in the cleaning phase and staging.

113 sleeps until we're there!!

Claremont...
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar updates

I just booked for the XMAS week. Look forward to trying out this new Resort !!

Claremont...
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar updates

I went online to Iberostar Punta Mita main web page and conducted an online chat with a Iberostar representative. They advised me that the resort will be fully functional, so i am asuming heated pools should be available if needed..

champaign,il
Level Contributor
108 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar updates

Just to let all know that my TA just let me know at the end of last week that she finally talked to someone with Iberostar who said the pool is not heated. We are booked to Huatulco because the weather and pools always are warm in January. Looking forwards for info when the Iberostar opens. Happy Travels!

Kunkletown, PA
Level Contributor
30 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar updates

I am a TA and got to visit on 11/14/13. We were all told that the hotel will be opening on Dec. 1st. and I have no doubt they will get it done. Right now most of the construction is completed, just final cosmetic work. The kids water park is operational but the main pools have not yet been filled. Room furnishings are going into place. A lunch was hosted for us and it was incredibly delicious. They brought in one of their top chefs from Iberostar Cancun to help with the opening...food REALLY delicious!

The beach here is absolutely stunning! Long isolated stretch of beach perfect for strolls or sunset cocktails. The hotel has been constructed to make the most of it's location with a HUGE deck/patio area along the ocean. Simply stunning.

I realize there have been plenty of questions regarding how the beach is for swimming. The day I visited, the waves did not appear rough but rather inviting. As I was there just to tour, I cannot speak to weather or not it was rocky in the water but the beach/sand looked perfect.

There are wonderful opening rates available but make sure your expectations are correct. Most hotels offer discount rates the first 2-3 months because everything is not yet 100% perfect. Sometimes construction issues need work, staff needs to learn their new jobs and work as a team so this is why guests are offered a discount. If you are flexible and do not mind minor inconveniences it is the perfect time to take advantage of a great rate. If you are the type of traveler that insists and demands perfection, it is best to wait until all the kinks have been worked out. This is no reflection on Iberostar, the same is true with all new hotels. It is just the way it is with the hotel industry.

Claremont...
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar updates

Thanks for the latest update ! I have going to be staying there for XMAS week. Were you able to find out how much are the Golf Fees for guest staying at the resort? Do you know if they have a local bus that can take us into Punta Mita that is near the hotel ? Were you able to take any recent pictures of the resort?

Seattle, Washington
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar updates

I was on the Iberostar website today and they said the Hotel did open on December 1st. They also said the beach out front is swimmable.

Claremont...
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Iberostar updates

Did you get this info from the live chat on Iberostar website?

Appleton, WI
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Iberostar updates

Thanks for the update. How far is this resort from downtown Puerto Vallarta?

Port Coquitlam...
Level Contributor
72 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Iberostar updates

90 mins