We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Got Back From New Iberostar Playa Mita

Which Punta de Mita hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Claremont...
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Just Got Back From New Iberostar Playa Mita

Be happy to answer any questions about this resort.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,918 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just Got Back From New Iberostar Playa Mita

Hi oscar--my friend is an avid fan of Iberostar resorts-namely in Punta Cana - but I did tell her this one was opening in Playa Mita and would love to get your take on the property-beach area etc. Are you going to write a review ?

I am trying to convince her that there is more to beaches than Punta Cana :)

Thanks and I do hope you had a fabulous vacation.

Claremont...
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Just Got Back From New Iberostar Playa Mita

Hello decklover,

The beach will not compare to the carribean waters in Punta Cana. I did provide my review this morning and is currently being reviewed by Trip Advisor. I rated this resort 3.5-maybe 4 stars, based on quality of service, room accomodations, food, resort grounds and overall feeling of the resort. I didnt get the WOW factor i was expecting when i was there, which i was somewhat disapointed. Also has more of a european feel to the resort which i was looking more for a Mexican type vibe/feel to the resort. I met alot of nice people from Canada and saw some Europeans were rude and mistreat some of the cooks during buffet service.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,918 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just Got Back From New Iberostar Playa Mita

I am sorry you did not have the experience you were hoping for. The only resort we have stayed at in this general vacinity is the Royal Decameron-really nice Mexican Vibe there for sure. We now stay in a condo - and love that change of pace from AI.

Here's hoping your future vacations fulfill your wishes-Happy New Year

Leigh

Claremont...
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Just Got Back From New Iberostar Playa Mita

My next stay will be in the bucerias areas, as i too found the town to be more of what i am looking for and the beaches are calm and very swimmable.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,152 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just Got Back From New Iberostar Playa Mita

It doesn´t help, I know, but the ocean is beautifully calm from about May to October. . I, too, wish they were that way all year long.

now
Level Contributor
13 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just Got Back From New Iberostar Playa Mita

Where will you stay in Buscerias?

7. Re: Just Got Back From New Iberostar Playa Mita

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2015, 07:18