We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort and Spa

Level Contributor
1,276 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort and Spa

Hi thinking of staying here and I'm hoping for some peace and quiet, don't mind a few kids around but don't want the place over run with them, can anyone advise if this is a good choice as this hotel is within our budget ? We are hoping to come around the middle of May and I heard hotels can be busy this time of year due to Mothers day celebrations so was hoping to stay away from extra large crowds.

Punta Mita Expeditions
Dolphin & Whale Watching, Stand-Up Paddleboarding, Scuba & Snorkeling
Mita Aventuras
Bike Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Dressel Divers
Scuba & Snorkeling
Fishing Charters & Tours
Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
1,356 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort and Spa

Hi Durie,

I travelled from the UK in Nov 2012 and stayed at the Grand Palladium. It's good value and the hotel has impressive facilities, but it's also flawed. The food was poor, especially in the buffet; the place was one big party palace, which may appeal to some, but which made for noise, drunken fights, vandalism and a lot of furniture being shifted at 3am in our block.

It's a large complex with a lot of guests, and at weekends the place seemed to be overrun by feral local teenagers. Getting a watery drink in a plastic cup from the main bar usually took a long time. The beds were rock-hard and the mattress was covered in a plastic sheet, so I'd wake up sweating. The service was poor and disorganised, especially in the restaurants you have to book at, and the management seemed completely indifferent to complaints. It's a long way from Vallarta too, about 50min by taxi, longer by bus. Fortunately, our group rented a car and we were able to spend a lot of time off-resort.

Beach was OK - gritty grey sand, with a bit of surf; it also has a concrete seawater pool to swim in safely. Grounds were impressive, although the so-called zoo's sad with a lot of non-native wildlife. I thought Punta de Mita was an interesting place, with the area around the co-operative like parts of old Mexico before anyone ever dreamed up timeshare. If you really want to stay at this hotel I'd upgrade to the adults only royal suites (which will cost a fair bit more), but I'll be staying elsewhere when I return to Mita this summer. Peaceful and quiet it was not.

Good luck!

Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
12,433 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort and Spa

Oh. Boy... Mothers day will be one of the most Busy time of the Year.. Unless you go Adult Only , you will see LOTS of Kids at any resort.

If you pick Palladium.. maybe go for the Royal Suites..adult..

Or try for Nuevo (New Vallarta) Much better beaches by far. Maybe the Riu Palace(not adult only, but not too many kids.. or in Pt. Vallart there is the Golden Crown that might be in your price range..

good luck.

Level Contributor
1,276 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort and Spa

Thanks for advice think I will give this a miss then. : (

4. Re: Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort and Spa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2015, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Punta de Mita
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now