We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaving for Grand Sirenis in 6 days..Aug. 15...questions plz

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
496 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Leaving for Grand Sirenis in 6 days..Aug. 15...questions plz

We leave for Grand Sirenis Mayan Beach..2 adults and our 9 year old son, next week. Looking for assistance from someone who has recently returned.

We are wondering if long pants are required for men at the ala carte dinners, which is fine for us but good to know for packing enough? And if they are required, are they also required for 9 year olds?

Also, I've read there is a limit of 4 ala cartes per week. Since we are staying 6 nights, does anyone know the rules on that?

We've already bought the shower curtain and rod for the "hole in the wall", the bug spray, the small denominations of cash, the snorkeling equipment, and the tubes for the lazy river, thanks to reading all the comments/reviews. We just don't want to forget anything else that will make the trip more enjoyable.

Thanks for the assistance.

Cambridge, Canada
Level Contributor
120 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leaving for Grand Sirenis in 6 days..Aug. 15...questions plz

Hi,

Yes, you will have to wear long pants for dinner at the a la cartes. I don't think this will apply to your son. We kept our 20 month old in shorts. I think it's the hairy legs that are the problem.lol

Anyway, I think you will still have the 4 a la carte reservations with no problem.

I also think you've packed it all. If you do want to save some space...the hotel will take care of the hole in the wall for you. You don't need to bring that shower curtain and rod.

Julie

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
496 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leaving for Grand Sirenis in 6 days..Aug. 15...questions plz

Thanks so much for the info. We can't wait to be there.

Cambridge, Canada
Level Contributor
120 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leaving for Grand Sirenis in 6 days..Aug. 15...questions plz

You are very welcome.

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
1,444 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Leaving for Grand Sirenis in 6 days..Aug. 15...questions plz

Did you buy water shoes?:)) I bought ours in Target - $5 pair - (they call them "beach socks") , great for getting into the ocean, because it IS rocky for about the first 5 feet and then is wonderful! I really liked the resort - was there in April. Don't forget to drink plenty of water....especially your 9 yr old....I know, I know, it can be difficult to get youngsters to drink water, BUT having lived in a tropical country for 13 yrs ....in my experience, .it's one of THE most important things to keep you all hydrated and well.. Enjoy! Margaret

Minne-snow-ta
Level Contributor
4,493 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Leaving for Grand Sirenis in 6 days..Aug. 15...questions plz

Ali,

Are you back? I hope you weren't there during Hurricane Dean.

Please post a review!!

Starz

6. Re: Leaving for Grand Sirenis in 6 days..Aug. 15...questions plz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 01:16