We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tulum ruins

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Tulum ruins

ok I have determined I will take a cab to Akumal beach. What about to the ruins? Can we take the collectivos for that? There are 6 of us which means anytime we want to go by cab we will need two which is a pain.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tulum ruins

You can take the colectivo to the ruins, you will have to walk in from the road. Not to bad this time of year as it is not that hot.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
126 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Tulum ruins

Take the collectivo it's so worth it. We we;re really hesitante to take it cause it was our first time to Mexico (and we;re scaredey cats) but not a problem. I'd go to Tulum in the morning though (I think it opens at 8 but not sure) we got there at 9am and it was pretty empty compared to when we left (at around 1130am) and it get's pretty hot if it's a sunny day.

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
150 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tulum ruins

and for the gorgeous beach? where do we have to go? Do we have to pay?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tulum ruins

You can access the beach via the stairs at the ruins.

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
2,014 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tulum ruins

The ruins at Tulum are something you don't want to miss. Take the collectivo (its fast, safe and cheap). We were at Dreams and decided to walk it. It was really hot by the time we got there. We took the collectivo back.

You have to pay admission and if you bring a movie camera, they charge extra for that as well. Still cameras have no charge on them.

Bring water with you. It can get pretty hot.

The beach is beautiful. We didn't bring our swim suits, but we would if we went back.

There was some interesting stands where you could by crafts by the ruins. You may want to bring some credit cards or cash to take advantage of these.

Have a great time.

Nova Scotia canada
Level Contributor
27 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tulum ruins

how long does it take to get to the ruins from the gran bahia?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tulum ruins

About 45 mins to an hour depending on your mode of transport

Ontario
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Tulum ruins

How far from the Grand Serenis and how much do they charge for entry and camcorders?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Tulum ruins

5 mins more from the GS and I believe the entrance fee is about $37 pesos (US$3.70) plus a $30 pesos (US$3.00) fee for video camera used inside the site. No tripods are allowed, however

ontario
Level Contributor
60 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tulum ruins

There is also a little shopping centre, where you can find a atm machine. At Grand sirenis we could not find one.