We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wondering about booking a la cartes

mexicancook
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Topic
wondering about booking a la cartes

First of all - thanks to skier and sand as usual for answering my last post aboput menus. I emailed the resort and they said they could not send me updated ones. Hmm...maybe I will have to take a pic or somehow capture the menus digitally when I am there in May and post them! I am getting concerned reading all the posts about not being able to book a ala cartes. I now winter months in the states is high season in Mexico...but what about May? Just wondering if we should start doing more research about places to eat on 5th Ave in Playa rather than waiting to eat most of our meals at the resort??

Thanks,

Deb

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,315 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wondering about booking a la cartes

Don't worry about it Deb - you'll be okay in May. Just book your a la cartes the first day you get there. You may not get exactly the times you want, and you may have to go with a second or third choice of restaurant sometimes, but you'll be okay.

And, there's always the buffet. The evening buffet dinners are quite good. We don't usually even use all of the a la carte meals allocated to us, we eat at the buffet just because we don't like being tied down to a specific time.

Don't worry about it, it isn't worth it!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: wondering about booking a la cartes

Its not that you can't get into the a la cartes, its just that you may not get in at the time you would prefer.

Book as soon as you arrive and you may not get the time or date you want, but you will get into the restaurant you want.

I hope this helps.

mexicancook
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: wondering about booking a la cartes

thanks...you two are fabulous!

:)

4. Re: wondering about booking a la cartes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 16:16