We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone recently had a massage at GBP Coba?

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Topic
Has anyone recently had a massage at GBP Coba?

22 days and counting! I am doing my "homework" on this site before I put together my FINAL list of questions for all of the experts here. ;-)

Here is one question I have for now...I was looking at the spa menu for GBP on the locogringo site. I converted some of the massage prices into US $ and they seem, surprisingly, pretty cheap! At least compared to what you would pay for a 60-min massage in Boston. In any case, is the locogringo menu accurate? Also, how do I go about making a reservation in advance? Or can you only make reservations once you get there? Has anyone done a couples massage??

Thanks!!

Ontario Can.
Level Contributor
2,265 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone recently had a massage at GBP Coba?

RNGO13178, yes you can get a couples massage. prices for individual massages range between $80US-$110US. More for couples. The people who have had them and responded on here have enjoyed them. When we were there we went into Playa for the morning and had a couples massage(my first and my wifes???)the price for this was $33Us each. That was for an hour each.You do not need to pre book but should check into the spa when you get there.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone recently had a massage at GBP Coba?

Thanks, Karl! Where in Playa did you have the $33 massage???? Was it any good?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone recently had a massage at GBP Coba?

The menu on LG is a bit out of date but does reflect the basics. Mrs Skier had two massages when we were there last and it was around $80-$100 a pop depending on what you wanted.

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,352 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone recently had a massage at GBP Coba?

I believe mrs skier is spoiled.....

Two massages in one week. Sigh.

Central Saanich...
Level Contributor
199 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone recently had a massage at GBP Coba?

We did the couples massage and spa the day after we arrived at GBP. Totally relaxing and the best way to start your vacation. Puts in the right frame of mind!

Highly recommended.

Ontario Can.
Level Contributor
2,265 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone recently had a massage at GBP Coba?

RNGO13178, the massages we had in Playa were 5th avenue (the main shopping venue).The shop is on the east side of the road, closest to the beach. The building was on the second floor and next door to the eco restaurant. I'm sorry I can not remember the name. There are several massage places on 5th avenue also. This was my first massage and I was apprehensive at first, as I had the guy and my wife had the woman masseuse. Once I got over that it was fantastic, I actually thought they ripped us off as 1 hour flew by.However they were right on the minute. Left the shop grabbed a cold beer on a hot morning. Life to me does not get much better.I will definately be back later this year.

illinois
Level Contributor
568 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone recently had a massage at GBP Coba?

I had 2 last week, one poolside at the jacuzzi pool, couldnt resist... second one at Coba spa, it is under the dining area, very noisy at 9am. 110.00 for 50 min. if I recall... they told me its better to have massage in afternoon.....after I was done..

Springfield, Ma
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone recently had a massage at GBP Coba?

Are there ones on other beaches? I was at a beach in St Thomas in January and the price was $1 a minute. But unforunately I was suffering from back sun burn from snorkeling.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anyone recently had a massage at GBP Coba?

There are massage huts on the beaches, they are the same price no matter where you get one. They have a phamplet with the prices, no cash, just charge to your room.

10. Re: Has anyone recently had a massage at GBP Coba?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 00:18