We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

special occasions at the GBP coba

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
stony mountain
Level Contributor
173 posts
Save Topic
special occasions at the GBP coba

we are going to the GBP coba March 25- April 1. March 26 is my first anniversary and my daughters 18th birthday.

Does anyone know who I can e-mail at the hotel to make arrangements for something special.

Any ideas on what I could request.

It's a bit difficult to plan never having been here before.

Thanks

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: special occasions at the GBP coba

Lots of people have special days when on vacation. When you book your a la caretes, pick one that will be the special one and tell them to make a note on your slip. They may make a small cake for you, depending how busy it is.

ladysmith, bc...
Destination Expert
for Akumal
Level Contributor
1,899 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: special occasions at the GBP coba

winterpeg - we were at bhp akumal last year for our anniversary and the guest services manager arranged for a lovely dinner at arlequin - the akumal gourmet restaurat. he also arranged champagne at dinner and a very special heart shaped chocolate truffle cake (omg it was good) while we were at the resort we noticed several tables at different restaurants were having birthdays and a birthday cake was brought out each time. i had contacted the guest service manager before arrival and let him know that it was our anniversary and given our room request at the same time. there were flowers and fruit in our room upon arrival as well. i don't know if this is normal when you arrive anyway but it made us feel special. there was also a letter from him saying that we should see him on arrival to book our ala carte dinners.

stony mountain
Level Contributor
173 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: special occasions at the GBP coba

dfh 98

You don't happen to have the contact info still do you.

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,260 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: special occasions at the GBP coba

PM it, don't post it please.

ladysmith, bc...
Destination Expert
for Akumal
Level Contributor
1,899 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: special occasions at the GBP coba

lol i already did

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,260 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: special occasions at the GBP coba

You mean you already PM'd it???

ladysmith, bc...
Destination Expert
for Akumal
Level Contributor
1,899 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: special occasions at the GBP coba

lol you betcha

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,260 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: special occasions at the GBP coba

So many people don't understand that....

Thanks.

We celebrate our anniversary here every year, but we don't usually do anything special. After so many years, it's just another day..... LOL! Just kidding - but we don't generally let the resort know, although I may this year, just to see what happens....

ladysmith, bc...
Destination Expert
for Akumal
Level Contributor
1,899 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: special occasions at the GBP coba

i usually tell them. it helps if you need a specific day for an ala carte. i agree after this many years it's just another day but i want just another day with elegant food lol

Springfield, Ma
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: special occasions at the GBP coba

Could you please PM me the contact info too? While we will be there it will be our friends 50th birthday for the (3) TIME. LOL