We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wondering about the drinks!!

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Topic
wondering about the drinks!!

i am so looking forward to my holiday in GBP with my boyfriend!! i love the novetly of goin away an drink cocktails can any1 reccommend any good ones for meto try while am out there. went the DR last year an loved the blue daicurquis (totally spelt wrong but u no what i mean haha!) up they made me throw up after too many haha!! also what beers do they have in mexico, my boyfriend is a beer drinker an i like the occasional beer to...do they have corona in GBP??? am so excited! xx

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: wondering about the drinks!!

If you PM me your e-mail address,I can send you a drink menu, complete with ingredients fro the resort.

Wales
Level Contributor
123 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wondering about the drinks!!

There is usally a cocktail list on the bars, and at the pool side bars they have help yourself to strawberry daquiries pull the slush add the rum, ended up getting them myself as hubby was way too generous with the rum. In the Akumal swimup bar they usually have a daily special.ie IGUANA COLADA like a pina colada but with IGUANAS no only jokeing, but that is what they called it. Also try the differet tequilas at the buffets as you enter. Hubby tried the chilli on, but they had coconut, strawberry, lime, coffee and others. I am writting this and I sound like an alcoholic, but we didnt even get drunk. We were in bed by 10.30. My 8 year old could'nt take the pace.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wondering about the drinks!!

Hi Clairey be adventuress. The GBP has an awesome drink menu. Make it a game and see how many times you can go through the entire list. :)

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
777 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wondering about the drinks!!

I uploaded the cocktail menu a few weeks back, see this link below for that thread.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g499445-i9177-k202…

uk
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: wondering about the drinks!!

wow i cant wait to try all of these! any1 know about the beer? what beers do they have, do they have corona? x

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
777 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: wondering about the drinks!!

Beers are Dos Equis.

The only Corona on the resort is at the hacienda Internet Cafe and you have to pay for it, thats not part of the A.I.

My wife loves the Dona Isabel cocktail, try that it is quite nice.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: wondering about the drinks!!

Dos Equis is the beer on tap and in the mini bars at the Bahia.

You can buy Corona if you need to at the Internet Cafe in the Hacienda.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,470 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: wondering about the drinks!!

is the don esquis bear nice

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,470 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: wondering about the drinks!!

whoooops sorry spelt it wrong but you all know what I mean.

What brand gin do they have (if they have it)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: wondering about the drinks!!

I did not find any problems with it, I actually prefer it to Corona. Not to many locals drinking Corona.