We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drinking water at the GBP

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Drinking water at the GBP

Can you drink the water from the taps at the GPB or should I stick to bottled water?

Only 3 more sleeps!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Drinking water at the GBP

All the water at the Bahia is potable. They do give you lots of bottled water as well.

I hope this helps.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drinking water at the GBP

Thanks Skier

Potable hummmmmmmm, I think I will make sure we stick to the bottled water for drinking!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Drinking water at the GBP

lol, just another word for drinkable. They have a filtration plant on site.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Drinking water at the GBP

Just returned this week. We used bottled water. But by the end of our stay we were all drinking the water at lunch and dinner. We are all okay did not get sick.

(We did use bottled water to brush our teeth did not use it from the tap.)

atlanta
Level Contributor
346 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Drinking water at the GBP

We drank water at the buffets, brushed our teeth with sink water, ate everything imaginable (and drank even more!) and had absolutely no problems.

We did all eat a little yogurt every morning and I took a pepto tablet each day to be on the safe side--not sure if it was necessary, but figured it couldn't hurt.

Manchester
Level Contributor
243 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Drinking water at the GBP

Yes, plenty of bottles water in the rooms and the water in the buffets etc didn't cause any harm, I must say the water at the help yourself thing at Akumal pool was disgusting it tasted like bleach, someone mentioned it was the purification tablets they put in when they use tap water! I couldn't drink it (it was a good excuse to drink more alcohol!)

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,285 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Drinking water at the GBP

We frequently drank water from the Akumal pool bar "fountain", and thought it was fine. I wish they had an automatic ice dispenser there, I hated having to wait to ask for a glass of ice.

8. Re: Drinking water at the GBP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 12:24