We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GS is this true?

walton, ky
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Topic
GS is this true?

Do the restuarants have air conditioning or not? and if not, where can i stay at that would have air conditioning? I know i'm on vacation, but I have issues with extreme heat when I'm trying to eat, I have to be comfortable.

Teresa

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: GS is this true?

You won't find too many buffets that are air conditioned in Mexico unless you stay at one of the higher end hotels. Some of the a la cartes are air conditioned, but its a hit and miss if they turn it on or not. most times it is on, but not always.

walton, ky
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: GS is this true?

Omg, I dunno what i'm going to do now. Is there enough air going through it that's it's not sticky? Do the ala carte's at this hotel have the air conditioning? And which higher end resorts will have air conditioning that allows children?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: GS is this true?

Only Adults only do not allow children. Lots of higher end resorts like the Iberostar Pariso Grand

The a la cartes are air conditioned as I mentioned, but if you book one and its turned off or not working, not much you can do.

Normally there is a nice breeze.

canada
Level Contributor
314 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: GS is this true?

we just returned from the Grand Sirenis. It felt like the air conditioning was on but it wasn't on very high. The Bayou (by the Mayan pool) always had their doors and windows open...it was warm in there. We felt cooler indoors because the sun wasn't beating down on us! The suites were all airconditioned IF you had your room key in the electronic slot behind the door.

The lobby bars always felt cooler because of the breeze coming off the ocean (we felt the Mayan side was breezier than the Riviera side). The Business Centre was the ONLY public place where I felt that "Yes! the AC is on!!!" You can park yourself in there with your internet card and surf the net!

Hope you can find your cool places.....Enjoy

walton, ky
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: GS is this true?

okay is the eateries unbearable to eat in?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: GS is this true?

We never had a problem with the heat, what time of year are you going in?

walton, ky
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: GS is this true?

september 14th.

texas
Level Contributor
1,851 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: GS is this true?

September should be fine I would think.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: GS is this true?

September will be hot, man it will be very hot. We went last year and it was hot, trust me.

Etters, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,462 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: GS is this true?

The RIU's are air conditioned, not just the palace, also the Princess hotels have AC also. I have stayed at both and they are reasonably priced and very nice resorts.

Micki