We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Akumal Caribe

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
124 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Akumal Caribe

We are considering staying at Hotel Akumal Caribe in one of the condo's. Does anyone have any experiences they could share with us on this place?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Akumal Caribe

The units are very small, but clean. the pool is also quite small. Great location and excellent restaurants close by.

You can get more info and lots of comments from here:

www.locogringo.com

Southern California
Level Contributor
12,398 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Akumal Caribe

Hi,

I see skier beat me to it, I was also going to recommend checking out locogringo reviews.

We have stayed here about 7-8 times. The hotel has about 21 rooms, beachfront with pool also. There are also about 40 or so bungalows (called Tierra Maya), same management and same reception, not beachfront but only 3-4 minute walk to the beach. The bungalows are a bit roomier if there are more than two or you are looking to keep costs down a bit. We only stayed one night in a bungalow room but it was very nice.

The hotel rooms are small but very clean. All have two double beds or one king bed, fridge, 5 gallon bottled water, coffee maker, A/C. All have patios or balconies. A few of the rooms have kitchenettes but they are pretty modest, you cannot fix much.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Akumal Caribe

I am not aware that the hotel has "condos". They are basic hotel rooms. Very clean, great location, and on a perfect beach. The pool isn't tiny, but isn't resort size either. It's your basic pool and usually not crowded. We paid @ 90 US a night 2 years ago in November. The prices have increased a bit, but still worth it.

If there are only two of you, I reccomed requesting a room with a kitchenette.

4. Re: Hotel Akumal Caribe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 01:17