We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a charge for Akumal Beach?

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
St. Paul MN
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Is there a charge for Akumal Beach?

Hi there, We will be going to the Grand Sirenis in January, & one of the things we would like to check out Akumal Beach. I was wondering what they charge to get into the beach area, & also if there is any other activities to do while there? I was also wondering how far the beach is from the Grand Sirenis? Thank you

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there a charge for Akumal Beach?

The main beach in Akumal is about 3 miles from the Grand Sirenis. All beaches in mexico are public and therefore no charge.

There are a few restaurants/bars on Akumal beach that serve up great lunches and dinners.

I hope this helps.

St. Paul MN
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there a charge for Akumal Beach?

Wow thank you very much for such a fast responce. It really helps a great deal. Do you recall if Akumal is North or South of the resort, & the bride wants to know if there is any shopping there. Once again thank you.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
7,706 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there a charge for Akumal Beach?

For a nice day that includes shopping take a ride to Playa Del Carmen, about 1/2 hour more or less north.

Little shopping in Akumal, lots! in PDC.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there a charge for Akumal Beach?

Akumal Bay is south of the GS, not much shopping.

atlanta
Level Contributor
347 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is there a charge for Akumal Beach?

While there isn't much shopping, you can still pick up some cute souveniers at great prices. (Hand crafted touristy things)

Akumal is great! Rent a chair from the restaurant (8 bucks?)and go snorkeling. We have always done on our own, but suggest a snorkel vest (5 bucks to rent). It is a great swim OUT to the turtles, coming back you can get a little tired if you were out there a while.

St. Paul MN
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is there a charge for Akumal Beach?

Thank you so much for all of your help, Mike

St. Paul MN
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is there a charge for Akumal Beach?

Thank you very much for all your help, I will take your advice.

8. Re: Is there a charge for Akumal Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 18:20