We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best time or day of the week to go to Xel Ha?

J&S
Grand Rapids, MI
Level Contributor
201 posts
195 reviews
Save Topic
best time or day of the week to go to Xel Ha?

We are going to Akumal with a family group in April. Interested in a day at Xel Ha. Is there a day that's best (weekday versus weekend? Monday versus Friday? etc)

We have rented a house in Akumal. Any day trips or activities anyone might recommend? A day sail or cenote trip? Any outfitters anyone might recommend?

omaha, ne
Level Contributor
2,259 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best time or day of the week to go to Xel Ha?

I'm not really sure. I've only been there during the week.

My guess is that it is busy every day.

However.. if you really want to avoid the crowds, get there right after it opens.. Most of the huge tour buses from Cancun and Playa don't show up for a few hours after that.

Same with staying right up till they close, the huge crowds leave about 1-2 hours before closing.

With all that said, I have never had a problem finding a shady spot to sit and relax, even in the busiest part of the day. I had to wait a few minutes to get a drink a few times tho.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
958 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best time or day of the week to go to Xel Ha?

Greetings! We've had perfect luck with getting there just as they open also so that you can pick a good spot for your chairs for the day.

Also, as far as the day of the week - we've twice had superb luck on Saturdays because in general, that's a huge "transition day" as many folks take their holidays from Saturday to Saturday and are coming/going from their resorts/airport.

Have fun ... our favorite place in the whole area.

Lacombe, Canada
Level Contributor
252 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best time or day of the week to go to Xel Ha?

We, too have heard that Saturday and Sunday are the best days as the majority of people are coming and going on the weekends, so don't go those days. Not sure if it's true or not. We are going to try the Xcaret on Saturday the 17th, so after that, I guess we'll know! Have a blast!

4. Re: best time or day of the week to go to Xel Ha?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 20:17