We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

gbp tulum to gbp akumal

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
british columbia
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Topic
gbp tulum to gbp akumal

can anyone tell me what the walking distance or time would be to walk on the beach or through the resort to get to the akumal resort. thinking the beach would be better for the kids?? thanks

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: gbp tulum to gbp akumal

The beach is about 2 kilometers long, so however long it takes for you to walk 2 Kms in sand would be the time.

There are shuttles that run from resort to resort and they take about 10 mins from one to the other.

british columbia
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: gbp tulum to gbp akumal

thanks for the quick reply!!!

atlanta
Level Contributor
341 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: gbp tulum to gbp akumal

The beach at GBP Akumal is perfect for kids! they can snorkely right off the shore in a basically protected area. THey will love it!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
237 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: gbp tulum to gbp akumal

To be a little specific, the section in between the two piers just in front of Akumal is best for kids. Waist high water (for me at least and I am 6 foot 2) Look for the bar with the Swing seats (Bar El Mar) and you will see the piers.

Depending on where you are walking from, I once walked from the south activity pool in Tulum to the section I mentioned above in 5 minutes and I just walked south on the beach. If you take the shuttle then get off at the Akumal Lobby and walk back out towards the beach.

5. Re: gbp tulum to gbp akumal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 16:20