We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dining ala carte

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Topic
dining ala carte

I have been to a few all inclusives but have never been limited to the ala carte restaurants... Has anyone been to GBP that knows how this works and do you have to eat buffets for the other 5 dinners??? thanks, any replies greatly appreciated as I already booked then realized that.

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
633 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: dining ala carte

You receive 3 a la carte dinners per week unless you upgrade your package to Golden/Diamond then you get an extra one. The day you get there, or the next, go to the lobby and make your reservations with your PR person, or if you have upgraded, at your lobby desk. The remaining evenings you will eat dinner at the buffet of the resort you are booked in. Don't be concerned about food quality - my husband and his in-laws almost prefer the buffet because of the amount of choices and quality - you won't be disappointed.

Edmonton, AB Canada
Level Contributor
275 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dining ala carte

Just a another tip about the ala carte dinners - email the resort ahead of time with the restaurants you would like to eat at. My husband and I just got back from there and we were entitled to 5 dinners but we were only able to use 1 as we couldn't get any that were available - even though most of the restaurants were half empty.

Chilliwack, B.C.
Level Contributor
540 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dining ala carte

«if you book at the Catalonia Royal Tulum, you are able to eat ala carte ever nite with not going thru the hassle of reservations...  cheersMarjorie

4. Re: dining ala carte

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 21:15