We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach at GBP - What is best location?

new brunswick
Level Contributor
103 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Beach at GBP - What is best location?

Just wondering which area is best to go to that has the bar nearby, snacks and washroom. Last time we were at a resort in the dominican we had the bar & snacks but we had a long hike to the washroom, kind of a pain especially when you're drinking you have to go to the washroom frequently!

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
633 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach at GBP - What is best location?

I would suggest parking yourself in front of either the Akumal or Tulum snack bars. Their are washrooms at both and they do serve alcohol.

new brunswick
Level Contributor
103 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach at GBP - What is best location?

Thanks Skinnybella! Now what about the swing bar, is that the one at "coba" beach? Is there no washroom nearby there?

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
633 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach at GBP - What is best location?

El Mar is the swing bar in front of the Akumal Pool. I don't believe there are bathrooms there, I think you'd have to go to the lobby. The Snack bar is further down the beach if you wanted something to eat. You could set up camp between the snack bar and El Mar.

Lacombe, Canada
Level Contributor
252 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach at GBP - What is best location?

I would definitely not recommend hanging around where they rent catamarans, boogie boards, etc., unless you are using them as it is a long hike in either direction for food, drinks and washrooms.

Alberta
Level Contributor
3,640 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach at GBP - What is best location?

I would say the prime beach area is the section between the piers in front of the Akumal main lobby. the loungers there seem to fill up first. You have a choice of the swing bar, and the main lobby pool bar. Main lobby for bathrooms.

new brunswick
Level Contributor
103 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach at GBP - What is best location?

Thanks for the tips guys!!

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach at GBP - What is best location?

I found that there were alot of kids/families between the piers. We stayed away from that area. We found that the best spot for us was just to the south of the hammocks. It was real close to the swing bar and the washrooms were also close. The food wasn't close but let's face it, I wasn't there for the food.

8. Re: Beach at GBP - What is best location?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 16:19