We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GBP Feedback

toronto
Level Contributor
3 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
GBP Feedback

I have read all kinds of reviews, most of them positive, but I look at the pictures and it looks like the hotel is simple (big but like every other hotel down there)... and not like a luxury hotel. I was wondering if someone could give me some specific feedback, hopefully from some people that are well seasoned and enjoy luxury travel. Although this is rated a 5star, it looks like a 3... any thoughts? The rooms and and specifically the beds look unappealing. Is there service on the beach? My friends are ready to go so I want to ensure it is a good choice. Thanks.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: GBP Feedback

Welcome to the board. Nice first post.

If you have looked at pictures of the hotel on the hotel review page and you are not happy or do not appear to be to your standards, I would strongly advise you to look elsewhere to avoid dissapointment.

This hotel is a fantastic value for the money, but there are much better five star resorts out there but you will pay more, a lot more.

I have been to this hotel 12 times and loved every minute I have spent there. There is no service on the beach and the service at the pools is hit and miss.

From what you are expecting in service, you need to upgrade at least another $1000 per guest per week.

I hope this helps in your hotel choice.

Canada
Level Contributor
226 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: GBP Feedback

I have to agree. We just spent two weeks there and it was great. I do not know how you come up to a 3 star but I would go at least 4 or better. Rooms were lovely and everything else was great. Yes it is huge but there are many little golf trolly's to take you where you want. Wendy

3. Re: GBP Feedback

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 March 2009, 14:55
York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
996 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: GBP Feedback

Personally I wouldn't say the hotel is like every other hotel down there its alot better in my view. The staff are excellent the foods good and the choice of using the facilities at three resorts suits me.

That said what everyone wants from a holiday is completely different I appreciate that. What I don't understand is why you are even considering going if you don't like the look of the photos!!!! Thats one of the main things that guides me. I can read glowing reports from other travellers but then if the pictures don't fit with the standard of travel that I am used to I knock that hotel off my short list. Simple.

ontario
Level Contributor
478 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: GBP Feedback

I don't think GBP has ever called itself a "luxury hotel". It is our first choice for a family vacation (when travelling with our Teenagers).

I think for true luxury you need adults only....and to pay thru the nose, or a lot more than GBP. GBP is awesome value for the money, and doesn't disappoint. Unless you are expecting "Luxury".....

What does luxury mean to you???

Skittles.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
2,050 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: GBP Feedback

If you want luxury, you need to look somewhere else. I personally love the Bahia, it is tremendous value. The food & drinks are fantastic. We just went to a luxury hotel in Mexico in January and found that although the atmosphere may be luxurious, and we had wait service on beach etc. - the food and drinks were not great - what's the point (although that bed was beautiful and comfy). We are returning to the Bahia in April despite being given a week back free from the luxury hotel to use within the year. Like I said - if food and drinks are important to you, trust Bahia.

If you want higher end luxury, try the Azul brand, newer Palace Resorts or the Iberostar Grand hotels. Also, the Dreams Tulum may suit your needs.

7. Re: GBP Feedback

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 02:19