We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2nd trip to GBP Tulum

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
southgate, michigan
Level Contributor
139 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
2nd trip to GBP Tulum

Booked our trip and can't wait!! (May 11-17) We have never returned to a resort or destination for a second time, but we loved it sooo much last year that we can't wait to go back! Skier- can you send me the email address for my room request? Thanks in advance. Also, (I haven't been keeping up since last year) did they ever get that webcam going? Everyone please give me your top two a la cartes. Last year we did Portofino and the gourmet place at Tulum (can't remember the name) Are there any special "amenities" for returning guests?

Val

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 2nd trip to GBP Tulum

The goumet at the Tulum is Don Pablo and the web cam is still not functioning.

The Tulum e-mail address is:

Guestservicebptul(at)bahia-principe.com

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2nd trip to GBP Tulum

sungirl - I am curious as to what special amenities you would be looking for that aren't included already in your package? This hotel provides such great customer service, with very reasonable rates, I am always wondering what people are looking for?

The webcam isn't up & working as far as I understand.

Everyone should praise Skier's patience here - the email addresses he gives out - I swear - everyday and the a la cartes are mentioned at least weekly.

Sorry if I sound harsh, but that is what the search button is for.

God bless ya Skier...

southgate, michigan
Level Contributor
139 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2nd trip to GBP Tulum

Yeah, it was Don Pablo! That is the other one that we ate at. Didn't know where to pick this year. Is this email address to Sara? She was so nice to us last year.

southgate, michigan
Level Contributor
139 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2nd trip to GBP Tulum

I am not "looking" for special amenities... I was just curious. I do think that they are already great, or I wouldn't be going back. And I do appreciate Skier's patience...

I didn't think about doing a search, sorry! I will try that first next time.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2nd trip to GBP Tulum

you are very gracious sungirl - i was a bit harsh with the keyboard - have a great trip in May!

CT
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2nd trip to GBP Tulum

Being gracious is a wonderful trait. Wish more people possessed it in the world.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 2nd trip to GBP Tulum

sungirl7:

Sara no longer works at the Bahia.

West Michigan
Level Contributor
503 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2nd trip to GBP Tulum

sungirl-

we loved the mikado last year and will be requesting that again this year. Everything else was good, no complaints, but honestly none of the others stood out like that one!

and welcome back to the boards! we are fellow michiganders too! (west side of the state)--cant wait to get out of this cold!

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,265 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2nd trip to GBP Tulum

We really enjoy the PortoFino also - one of our favorites. And we also enjoy the Arlequin (but only if you have a small group - they don't handle large parties well).

We will miss Sara - she was a gem!

10. Re: 2nd trip to GBP Tulum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 08:25