We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Ontario Can.
Level Contributor
2,265 posts
Save Topic
1000th post

Well my 1000th post should have happened back on May 5th after surprising good friends at the Bahia Coba. That night was supposed to be a T/A get together.

Unfortunately a flying pig had other plans and a lot of vacations got altered, postponed, or even cancelled.

More importantly a lot of livelihoods were severely affected by the lack of tourists and the monies they bring.

After much stress and disagreements (O.K. only picking up the phone and calling the travel agent, you do it, no you do it.) we are happy to be going back to the Bahia Coba August 30th to September 6th. We are doubling up our tip money to take with us and hoping that the workers have been back to work long before our arrival.

If anyone from Southern Ontario is thinking of travelling to Mexico later this summer there are some very good deals to be had.

I look forward to having the odd drink with new friends.

Cheers,

Karl.

Boston...
Level Contributor
498 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 1000th post

Congrats on your 1000th

L

Ontario Can.
Level Contributor
2,265 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 1000th post

Thanks Lisa, How are you? The 1000th only took about 5 years. lol.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,712 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1000th post

Karl,

Congrats on your 1000th post.

I too look forward to returning to GBP and having new drinks with odd friends.

Ontario Can.
Level Contributor
2,265 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 1000th post

"I too look forward to returning to GBP and having new drinks with odd friends."

Hey, I think I resemble that remark. Too funny.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
221 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1000th post

I can't not wait either!!! November seems like sooo far away, but I guess it's just around the Corner :) Miss you Bahia!!!

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
2,051 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1000th post

I am so wishing we could meet up a drink with all you "odd" folks - you sound like fun. Oh well, will have to live vicariously through alterry's live posts. We hit Bahia again in December....

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,551 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1000th post

well done karl!

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,845 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 1000th post

Karl, well done

You definately have to celebrate this with another trip

Ontario Can.
Level Contributor
2,265 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 1000th post

VSD, thanks. After the first week of September trip we plan to go back again the last week of October. However we have to wait to see what deals we can get through Sunwin% as they have our money from the cancelled trip in May. If there are no deals to the Bahia we will have to go somewhere else. Any others out there that are having issues with rebooking?

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
2,051 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 1000th post

Karl and anyone else who booked via an Ontario travel agency or tour operator and are having problems with rebooking, pm me and I might be able to help you with some regulations and TICO.