We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just booked Bahia Principe - I think Im in shock

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
988 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Just booked Bahia Principe - I think Im in shock

I can't believe I've just booked the Bahia for 2.5 weeks time. We were booked to go in May but due to Swine Flu our holiday to Mexico was cancelled and we went to the Dominican Republic. I think we are suffering withdrawals symptoms as we have decided to take some unpaid leave, raid the savings and I've just come off the phone from booking the Bahia for two weeks. Well I think that's what I've just done or did I drop off and have a little dream!!

It hasn't sunk in yet. I shouldnt be sat here, I've got ironing to do and suntan lotion to buy etc etc.

Can't wait, this will be our fifth visit.

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
777 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just booked Bahia Principe - I think Im in shock

Lucky so and so.

I found a great deal on the caribean warehouse and on sky travel, but we just couldnt afford it right now, as i am out of work.

But ive just got a new job today and im all tempted again ;-)

Otherwise its a wait until March 2010 for us.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,712 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just booked Bahia Principe - I think Im in shock

HowMany,

Congrats on your booking !

MHLMike,

Congrats on the new job !

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
988 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Just booked Bahia Principe - I think Im in shock

Mike I wouldn't say mine was a great deal so I won't ask how much you saw it for. Infact the prices have gone up a little today. That said it is more expensive to go this coming Sunday than we are paying so there obviously arent any very last minute deals to be had.

Alterry do you and Skier not have any plans to visit again shortly? Shame we never got to meet up in May.

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
777 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just booked Bahia Principe - I think Im in shock

Thanks for the congrats Alterry.

Howmany, i wont upset you with prices, but i will say it upset me, when i saw that the prices were nearly 50% cheaper than what im paying next March !!!!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just booked Bahia Principe - I think Im in shock

hey howmanybikinis you arrive a couple of days befoe us, so pleased you got your holiday in the end

Boston...
Level Contributor
498 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Just booked Bahia Principe - I think Im in shock

HMB...congrats on the trip. Have a great time

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
988 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Just booked Bahia Principe - I think Im in shock

Turkishann I'll probably be a year older by the time you get there then. When do you arrive? I'll be celebrating my birthday and my 20th wedding anniversary when we're there. Thats another reason why we decided to push the boat out and have two holidays so close to each other.

Still can't believe I'm going. Did manage to start some ironing yesterday though and I don't have to think about what to pack as I bought alot for going away in May.

18 days and counting.

Ontario Can.
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Just booked Bahia Principe - I think Im in shock

Great news HMB. Congrats on the 20th anniv. We did ours there last November. Ran into some unruly folks who will remain nameless. Have a great time.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just booked Bahia Principe - I think Im in shock

hiya

we go on the 29th, we have just had our anniversary but did not celebrate it because my son had an operation on that day, so we are going to celebrate it while on holiday, I have also booked a bottle of champagne and chocolates on the flight - ssshhhh he does not know, that will be a nice suprise for him

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,712 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just booked Bahia Principe - I think Im in shock

HMB,

Congrats on the 20th. Sorry we missed you in May.

The Alterry's will be returning to GBP Coba on August 29 for two weeks.

Nameless