We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bubba kegs

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,436 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
bubba kegs

right guys, my holiday is 3 weeks today, this time in 3 weeks we will be there !!!! I can now offically buy a bugga keg, so can somebody tell me which size to buy, I need one for the hubby and one for me, dont want to get a huge one an appear greedy !!! LOL

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
173 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bubba kegs

Let me share a little with you... I purchased the 52 ounce bubba kegs when we first started traveling to Mexico. I did not see any other size. We have stayed at 4 different resorts and all of them fill them up, one bartender complained cause one full blender did not fill em up.. HA... I think if I had to do it over again, I would buy a 32 ounce... Good luck and have a ball.....

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,712 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bubba kegs

We find our 20 oz Bubbas to be adequate. But then, we are Canadian and wouldn't want anyone to think we over indulge.

Mission, BC, Canada
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Mission, Abbotsford
Level Contributor
5,176 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bubba kegs

Ditto with the 20 oz ones. They even work great for “Coffee” That’s right I said coffee!

Course I always add some Bailey’s & Kahlua in there as well! ;-)

Pablo

Wed 22:29 PST

London, United...
Level Contributor
377 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bubba kegs

To be honest we find the drinks given by the hotel are perfect without the need for these large drinks holders and sorry but to be honest and i know i will get abuse for this but i think it makes the hotel look a bit cheap when people do this..

It only takes a couple of seconds at the bar to get a fresh cold drink..

Sorry if this offends not looking for a big debate just an opinion...

Mission, BC, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,176 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bubba kegs

Vodkasuntan

That’s great & everyone IS entitled to their opinion. That’s one of the “Good Things” about the forums, listening to different opinions & thought processes.

The REASON we use them, (20 oz really isn’t that big IMHO), is to keep our drinks cold, (Or hot). Plus we only use them during the day around the pools or beach. They also tend to slow my drinking down, as I can take my time sipping the drink instead of “Racing through” it so it doesn’t get “Watered down” with melted ice. So in effect it actually has an OPPOSITE effect as one would think.

Oh & my BubbaKeg costs more than the cheap plastic glasses they use around the pools & beach. ;-)

Just giving my opinion & my reasons though, & folks can take what they want from them....

Pablo

Wed 23:33 PST

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,436 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bubba kegs

well i am being very canadian/american (take your pick) and bought a bubba keg each for me and the hubby only got the 20oz,

Mission, BC, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,176 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bubba kegs

Good Choice! I’m sure you’ll be glad you did ;-)

Pablo

Thur 11:39 PST

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: bubba kegs

Sometimes you have to move down the beach aways from the beach or pool bar in order to find an available spot. That's when the bubba kegs come in very handy. Who wants to spend all their time walking up and down the beach for those little cups? ( We also got the 20 ounce ones - the bigger ones took up too much valuable luggage space! )

Alberta
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: bubba kegs

I like seeing people carrying their own re-useable drink containers since it seems so wasteful for the resorts to go through that many plastic cups. But just for the ease of carrying it around I like the smaller coffee-cup style thermal mugs - occasionally it may be empty...lol...and you might want to stick it in your beach bag.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
41,249 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: bubba kegs

I have both

20 oz for bar drinks

biggest one for ice and water