We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather..

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
staffordshire
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Weather..

Hi we are a family of 6 travelling to GS on Aug 7th for 2weeks. I would be really interested to hear from anyone getting back just before we go, interested whether you had good weather. Along with occupancy and amenities.

Many Thanks!

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
41,572 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather..

Look at the web cam and count the days - weather is great but remember this is H. Season

Be more specific with occupancy and amenities questions.

staffordshire
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather..

I have looked at the weather forecasts, however, not sure how reliable they are, as they are only predictions. I will keep checking and just keep our fingers crossed it doesn't rain the whole holiday!

The occupancy appears to have increased slightly, I have noted that the al a cartes are open on rotation, is there anything closed?

thanks for your response!

Sechelt, BC
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
2,990 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather..

This site is useful for hurricane watch

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/index.shtml

Vancouver
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather..

Please visit my "mini" review here as we just got back:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g499445-i9177-k296…

Our forecast said somewhat sunny days for the first 2 days then the rest of the week was thundershowers.

However, every day was a clear blue sky. There seemed to be some small puddles on the side walks in some ams, so we're assuming a short shower between 3a-6a that we didn't hear, or grounds cleaning. Only on the last day as we left at 515a was there overcast, but it was welcomed after the intense heat!!

staffordshire
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather..

Thank you for your update it's reassuring to hear that the weather sites are not to be trusted always. Sounds like you have had a great holiday.

only 17 more sleeps for us!

ontario,canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather..

Hi blondiefromstaffs! We just returned from GS and had an awesome holiday!!! The weather was some what of a joke ...their weather channel stated rain/thunderclouds for our whole 7 days, we saw 10 minute shower, the rest was wonderful. My advise....don't look & relax, it will be GREAT!

7. Re: Weather..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2010, 05:17