We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gifts or donations to children at Bahai

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
42,260 posts
Save Topic
Gifts or donations to children at Bahai

Someone recently asked about this so I have copied Skier's recent info here

A lot of you have been asking about what to leave behind in terms of gifts or donations. Some have wanted to bring down books and things for the children.

I am happy to announce that the Bahia Principe has made this more convienent for anyone who wants to do this. The Bahia in conjunction with the Ecobahia have contacted me and have set up a drop point in the Tulum lobby (see Christopher or Alexandera). A lot of the staff live in a small town called Chemuyil and they have a school and a small baseball team for the children there.

Nicki and Sara will take any donations to the Ecobahioa and together they will them to the children in this small village.

You can also drop them off at the Coba Golden Lobby

Level Contributor
70 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gifts or donations to children at Bahai

thanks for the info , I can make donation this way rather than going to the library which is also good to donate to

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,712 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gifts or donations to children at Bahai

Vancouversundog,

Thanks for bringing this topic back to the forefront.This programme that Skier started has been so successful that it has been extended to several other villages in the area.

Just about anything is helpful.School supplies, children's clothing, sporting goods (etc).

With the layoffs due to the recent flu hysteria, these gifts will be all the more needed. I urge everyone to be generous.

Akumal, Mexico
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gifts or donations to children at Bahai

"With the layoffs due to the recent flu hysteria, these gifts will be all the more needed. I urge everyone to be generous"

Ditto! We were just there in early July and the town has been hit significantly by the drop in tourism. A large percent of the people work(ed) at either the Bahia or Xel-ha. Anything you can do to help will have a big appreciated impact!

Vancouver
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
42,260 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Gifts or donations to children at Bahai

The Library in Akumal is also a very good program for donations but I don't want to hijack this thread

PM me if you are closer to Akumal and wish to donate to that cause. They have their own web site as well and take Penpal

Vancouver
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
42,260 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Gifts or donations to children at Bahai

Someone asked about donations of clothes so I thought it best to bump this one up

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
495 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gifts or donations to children at Bahai

With the recent down turn and tourism starting to pick back up, I wanted to get this back up to the top.

If there is anything that a person can do to help out, it is always greatly appreciated by the children, parents and teachers alike.

I know there are a number of people going in the next few weeks to all three resorts coming in from all over from Europe, Uk, Canada and USA.

Lets show the Bahia resorts and community, what the TA members can do.......

I spoke with Nicki and she advised that yes gifts of any kind are alway's welcome.

schoool supplies, puzzles, clothing etc.

I do know also that Sara and Christoperher have moved on and are no longer there

The Eco Bahia orgnaization is handling some of it for the Tulum resort and I would guess at Coba and Akumal.

Alterry or Karl you guys would have a better idea on your designated resort sections.

Together we can make a difference for a better future and tomorrow for the kids....:O)

Snowman :0)

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,712 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gifts or donations to children at Bahai

Snowman,

We bring our things down to Nicki in Tulum as well.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
42,260 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Gifts or donations to children at Bahai

Bump

Someone just asked

If near Akumal / GS: Please pm me as there is a Library in Akumal that needs help

Vancouver
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
42,260 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Gifts or donations to children at Bahai

Bump as someone just asked

Maryland
Level Contributor
395 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gifts or donations to children at Bahai

If dontations to the villages are still being taken I would like to know. We are coming down for only 4 nights, ( regret not making it 7 now), and will have alot of room to bring things in the one carryon I am bringing. I'll pack DH's bag too !