We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GBP Akumal......best location!!

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
GBP Akumal......best location!!

Hi

Which blocks are the best to be allocated in Akumal for a nice view?

Jo

Atlanta
Level Contributor
24 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: GBP Akumal......best location!!

We just got back fron GBP Akumal and stayed in Bld. 66 and it was great. Oceanfront & near Activity pool. Believe that is the Golden section. Mosquitos were brutal. Also, it is very humid and hot in all the restaurants right now. Plan to sweat. Staff was great. Grounds were beautiful.

ladysmith, bc...
Destination Expert
for Akumal
Level Contributor
1,901 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: GBP Akumal......best location!!

if you are not going club golden anywhere from 47 to 51 is close to everything. we were in 48 and loved it - steps to the pool/theater/lobby and we had a partial oceanview (would have had a great view if we would have been on the 3rd floor - lots of trees blocked it

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
299 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: GBP Akumal......best location!!

For privacy and outstanding view #66 gets my vote for outstanding view and close proximity to common areas villa #47.

elaine

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: GBP Akumal......best location!!

Thanks guys I will be emailing them in next few days...19 more sleeps and then off we go!!!

Jo

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: GBP Akumal......best location!!

We just returned from GBP Akumal and Villa #6516 2nd floor end unit and had a great oceanview room next to the club golden office with free internet, its own bar, 24 hour snackbar and special pool. As noted the bugs are bad but if you have good bug spray will be alright. Akumal beach is great and as indicated if you are not in the Club Golden category, try to stay in Villas #47-51 which are closest to the pools and lobby. If you are taking kids, be prepared on the beach as many Europeans there and a lot of topless ladies from young to old. The European guys aren't much better and don't leave much to the imagination, so just be prepared if you are not acustom to this.

This is an amazing resort with fantastic service and spotless facilities. Lots of activities all day long and the drinks are plentiful and they do NOT skimp on the liquor. Ask Edgar at the swim up bar for his special of the day. He will ask you.."sweet or sour"?..take your pick on the type. You will not be disappointed. Envious of you going in a couple weeks!

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: GBP Akumal......best location!!

i find it incredible that americans and canadians cant get there head around people going topless,its only a pair of boobs for gods sake.

dont want it to turn into an argument but why are people so hung up about it?.

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: GBP Akumal......best location!!

Everyone marches to their own drummer, I say whatever floats your boat!

We stayed in Villa 47 (4724) and it was amazing, view and location were perfect.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,512 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: GBP Akumal......best location!!

i will not be going topless, my children will be too embarrassed ha ha, dont think my hubby minds, he will be having a good look from behind his book, and he will definetely not be wear skimpys ha ha or as my eldest son calls them - b**l stranglers, what they pick up as school LOL

9. Re: GBP Akumal......best location!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2010, 05:17