We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Campbell River...
Level Contributor
479 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
second trip....which resort?

Staring to think about our next trip to Mexico this fall and it has to be the Akumal area. We love the beach in Akumal and seeing the Turtles there.

Stayed at the Sirenis last trip and we loved it. Enjoyed all the resort had to offer, it was clean and well staffed. We loved the big rooms and I really loved the huge tub! The beds were comfortable and with some back issues this is important to us.

We enjoy the beach, just swimming, reading and snorkeling most of the time.

Hopefully this gives enough info for those of you who have been to a few resorts in this area...we really appreciate what you think of the places you have stayed and why you like them. It will help me narrow the search as we try to pick our next getaway.

Oh...important also...price, not planning to spend a fortune.

Looking forward to your insights.

Thanks!

Lethbridge Alberta
Level Contributor
570 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: second trip....which resort?

Grand Palladium is four resorts in one. We have been there twice and love it.

Bahia Principe is made up of 3 resorts, This will be our first trip there next week

Both are in easy collectivo range to get to Akumal and do a day thing there

Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
249 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: second trip....which resort?

Last October I stayed at the GBP. Excellent, I recommend the Tulum section. Great beach good snorkel and close to Akumel. I will be back there this October and can't wait. Rent a car and see the area, Tulum, Muyil, Coba, and of course the tutles in Akumel bay. The car will be about the same as your tansfer would cost.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,846 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: second trip....which resort?

Think about CRT (Catalonia Royal Tulum) resort - great beach / adults only / small

Or a condo on Akumal / Half Moon Bay

Campbell River...
Level Contributor
479 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: second trip....which resort?

The CRT...did some looking at it...you say the beach is great...good snorkeling right there also?

Is it close to Akumal?

Vancouver
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
43,846 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: second trip....which resort?

CRT has a better beach and snorkeling than Bahai

Sorry, Akumal Beach is the best

Vancouver
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
43,846 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: second trip....which resort?

And yes, Akumal is close to CRT / Palladium / Bahai via taxi or Colectivo

7. Re: second trip....which resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2010, 05:17