We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

standard rooms, junior suites whats the difference

sheffield uk
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
standard rooms, junior suites whats the difference

thinking of booking here early october, and its offering a junior suite at a extra cost of £91 per person. Can someone tell me the difference between the rooms???

Thanks

Cheryl

Aberdeenshire
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: standard rooms, junior suites whats the difference

the only difference is there is a sitting area with a sofa that can be used as a bed and a the bath is jetted.

Wembley, United...
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: standard rooms, junior suites whats the difference

Is it just the junior suite, or is it the upgrade to club golden-that gives you an extra a la carte per week, plus free internet, rooms in a better location and a few other goodies.

sheffield uk
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: standard rooms, junior suites whats the difference

no, i've read that its a waste of time upgrading anyway lol.. but if its just the sofa in the bedroom that can be used as an extra bed then think we just going to book the double room! i think our party can live without a couch for a couple of weeks lol..

thanks for the speedy replies you two xx

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: standard rooms, junior suites whats the difference

Hi

Just got back and nearly all the brits were put in the Coba section, which are all Junior suites.

If you email hotel near to when you go ask to be put into villas 1 to 4 in coba which is on edge of coba and akumal section, fantastic location.

Jo

sheffield uk
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: standard rooms, junior suites whats the difference

hi lizzie hope you had a great time!!! who did you book with?? we are thinking of booking with thomas cook.. did you just book a standard room?? were you happy with it x

Wembley, United...
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: standard rooms, junior suites whats the difference

If you are not going to upgrade then spend some of the money on private transfers from the airport-which is well worth the money, currently £55 with first choice which is a bargain! (I booked mine a couple of months agao and paid £86.00!), after that long haul flight the coach journey from the airport can just about finish you off LOL,plus I find that you are sat on the coach for ages at the airport waiting for other passengers that have invariably got ensnared with the time share touts.With the private transfer you are straight in your vehicle and off to the hotel, well worth the extra!!

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: standard rooms, junior suites whats the difference

Hi

Yes we had a fab time, only got back this morning so am a bit tired, but I will tell u all about it later.

We actually booked with airtours through ilkeston coop travel in barnsley. I first saw it on direct hol web site so printed it off and shopped around for best deal. the travel agent also waived our credit card fee.

I'm gettin withdrawels already...lol.

sheffield uk
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: standard rooms, junior suites whats the difference

Hi damiensmum, thanks for the advice, how do you book private transfers then??? just when you get there or can you do it beforehand ?? x

sheffield uk
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: standard rooms, junior suites whats the difference

hi lizzy

Look forward in hearing all about it when you come aruond a bit lol x

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,550 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: standard rooms, junior suites whats the difference

we booked usa transfers, we booked in advance and we just had to give our card details, they did not take any money of the card, we paid some when we arrived and the rest on the return trip!

their minibus was of a very good standard and air-conditioned, they told us lots of information on the way to the hotel and were very helpful and professional, I would definetly use them again and can recommend them

here is the link

entertainment-plus.net/tour_transport.cfm