We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wristbands at bahia principe?

uk
Level Contributor
136 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
wristbands at bahia principe?

anyone knows how many different wristbands there are,what is the difference,what is the standard colour? and do they upgrade on arrival if you wish?many thanks..

Lethbridge Alberta
Level Contributor
574 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wristbands at bahia principe?

I also would be interested about all the colors and what they mean

I saw six dif colors when we were there

London, United...
Level Contributor
385 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wristbands at bahia principe?

well im not 100% sure

But i think each of the hotels coba, akumel and tulum have there own colour i think children have a certain colour to stop them getting served booze..

And there are gold bands for repeat guests and any one who has booked the club golden package from canada or usa....

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
44,500 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: wristbands at bahia principe?

Many resorts use the colors to identify the language of the guest

Oakville, ON
Level Contributor
27 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wristbands at bahia principe?

As far as we could tell, each section of the resort has it's own colour of band and another for the upgrade room/service at each section--so 6 colours so far, then there was a different band for the third person in a room. I expected there to be a non-alcholic colour but my three under age children in a separate room were given two of the same colour as my husband and I. There is then the gold for frequent guest (4 or more visits). Gold is not the same as yellow which is for the Golden section in Akumal. All that to say, it doesn't seem to really matter in your day to day visit. I think if there is a problem, they may look at your band but the upgrades seem mimimal.

Calgary,Ab Canada
Level Contributor
477 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: wristbands at bahia principe?

I believe the wristband colors represent the Tour group you are with.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
44,500 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: wristbands at bahia principe?

wristband colors represent the Tour group you are with.

Must be hundred of colors then

Karl: Where are you !!!!!!

Ontario Can.
Level Contributor
2,267 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: wristbands at bahia principe?

VSD, I am here but this work thing is getting in the way. A quick caveat, there are exceptions to every rule.

Each hotel get their own wrist band with different colour. Each hotel has an upgrade section, Giolden, Club Hacienda (Diamond), and Club Premiere. They also get a different coloured wristband. ie, a red wristband is for Club Golden and allows you an extra A La Carte and free internet. If you are a frequent returning guest (4 times or more) you get a gold wriustband. You can also get a gold wristband if you book through Bahia Principe Travel. White is for guests under the age of 18. So there are at least 8 different colours. Now before someone says I am wrong and that has been known to happen please read line number 2.

I plan on returning in October and will get a more detailed explanation.

Hope this helps,

Karl.

Windsor Ontario
Level Contributor
768 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: wristbands at bahia principe?

We are Canadian but fly out of the States. The last time we were there our bell boy thought we were Americans because of our wrist bands.

Ontario Can.
Level Contributor
2,267 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: wristbands at bahia principe?

This last week both the Americans who we met and the Canadians who we travelled with all wore the same coloured bracelets at the Coba section. Both first time visitors to Bahia MX.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
280 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: wristbands at bahia principe?

Hola Heat-Seeker & Karl,

On this continent we are ALL Americans - whether it's Canada, U.S., Mexico... :)

North America, Central America, and South America...

We're ALL good. 8)