We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Bahia Principe Tulum

Kitchener
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Gran Bahia Principe Tulum

We are going there for Oct, 3rd. I was wondering if anyone has been there in October..and if so, how the weather is? ALSO..I keep hearing from my travel agent that at 11pm, the resort gets quiet, and anyone from the 3 resorts, that want to dance and party..get on a shuttle bus and are bussed to a little village where it's party party party! However, I haven't read ANY reviews describing this big dance party!?! Can anyone validate this? Cause we are looking to do this - be able to go out and dance/party the night away, at a lively fun dance place.

Thanks!

okotoks
Level Contributor
550 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Tulum

Has your travel agent been to this resort or the area recently ? I am confused by the reference little village.

True GBP main bars close around 11 PM Then the party moves to the Hacienda Square(on GBP Property)

11-12 PM entertainment is in the Square.

@ midnight the Rancherita DISCO @ the Hacienda (on GBP property)opens goes 'til 2 or 3 AM

Shuttle Bus( Big Blue) to the Hacienda from all hotels on the complex. Easily walkable from GBPT it is visible from the Lobby & only 1 long block.

This moves any LOAD PARTY NOISE away from villa locations so others can sleep.

Hacienda is not a little village. It is a commercial/entertainment centre on GBP Property that has tourist amenities.Shops,,DR office,Pharmacy,ATM vendor stalls & bars.

The other option is a tour to Coco Bongo's Show & Dance Club in Playa Del Carmen.Pre-sold @ resorts includes return transportation & VIP admission (open bar) 10:30 PM-4 AM. Was $60 US.

Playa del Carmen is NOT A LITTLE VILLAGE.It is a CITY of over 100,000 residents ( before tourists)It is the fastest growing city in the Riviera Maya.

Mentioned in this post
Playa del Carmen
Playa del Carmen
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Riviera Maya
Riviera Maya
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
253 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Tulum

Weather:

I've gone to this area every october in the first or second week for 7 years now. Weather has alway been beautiful, rain here and there but not too hot. Only ran into one year that it rained everyday. The rain comes down at 80 degree and is kind of fun to play around in. I'm going again on the 10 and can't wait.

Kitchener
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Tulum

Thank you so much both, for all the information. I'm glad to hear both answers! I had reposted - for some reason I couldn't find this post until someone emailed me stating I had already asked this question, and already had the answers, lol. So thank you so much!

So is that disco on the resort grounds - is it a busy disco? We really want a great night life, and that's what we were looking for in a resort. Our travel agent said that we were bussed, on the resort grounds, to where there were a bunch of different things to attend (clubs) - so I guess her information was wrong. So there is just the one club on the resort then?

As for the weather, that's really great to hear! 6 more days!

Thanks guys!

West Chester, PA
Level Contributor
4,284 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Tulum

Yes, just one club over at the hacienda. And the resort does have a bus to take you over although you could walk it. It would be a bit of a hike in heels. When I was there, there were a ton of people partying in the disco. Over in the hacienda was also a little drugstore, some shops, a so-called sports bar (I think only two small TV's)....also some outdoor vendors. It was nice to have this right on the property if you needed a gift and didn't want to take a cab ride or colectivo somewhere. From what I remember, the Mexican theme night was also over there in the courtyard area of the Hacienda. I am sure this is what your TA was referring to although it is a bit odd to call it a little village.

If you are looking for real nightlife (as in bar-hopping), you will need to head to Playa del Carmen.

Mentioned in this post
Playa del Carmen
Playa del Carmen
Riviera Maya, Mexico
West Chester, PA
Level Contributor
4,284 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Tulum

Forgot to respond about the weather. October is great! I have gone many times and gotten very lucky. I know it is risky because of hurricane season but as the previous poster said, if it has rained at all, it was only very briefly. I am heading to Zoetry 10/24-10/31 this year.

Have a great time!

6. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Tulum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2010, 04:18