We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Bahia Principe Coba in January??

new brunswick
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Gran Bahia Principe Coba in January??

who is going to GBPC in January?? we will be there from Jan. 16-23!! We cant wait.....this will be our first time in Mexico we have been going to Cuba for the last 5 years so we are really excited about going to Mexico........any tips for us from some previous Mexico travelers?

Etters, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,462 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Coba in January??

Take a jacket for the evening, (when I was there last year, I had on a sweater and long pants for a few evenings and was too cold to stay outside). The pools are really cold too, but the ocean is warm! And dont forget your bubba kegs:)

Micki

new brunswick
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Coba in January??

Jackets??????? hopefully we will not have cold weather like that.....we have gone away in January before and it was warm and didnt need a jacket...but thanks for the tip!!!

new brunswick
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Coba in January??

Can someone tell me if there is a departure tax?

Lethbridge Alberta
Level Contributor
569 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Coba in January??

All Canadian packages include departure tax

Cuba is the only country that we have to pay to leave

Just keep your tourist card that you fill out in the plane , keep it with your passports. that has to be handed in when you leave

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
221 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Coba in January??

We have just returned from the Coba, and plan to return with our teens 2nd week of January 2010, we were there january 30 to feb 6th last year. the days were wonderful, but yes we needed a little jacket or fleece shirt @ night. better than being @ -40. You will have a great time, we haven't been to cuba since we now go all the time @ the bahia

Manitoba
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Coba in January??

You're gonna love it. We're going back on the week of the 9th of January to GBP. If you like to snorkel, take a short ride on a Collectivo (15 passenger taxi van) to Akumal. You can swim with the turtles about 20 yards off of the beach at the Lol Ha restaurant. You might even see a Barracuda or two. Head to the grassy bottomed areas. They graze there.

You'll be close to Xel Ha. Last time we took a bus from the resort to there. Again, great snorkeling and good food. You can easily spend a day there.

If you don't like snorkeling, there's Playa del Carmen or a Ferry ride to Cozumel. There's lots to see and do. Have fun!

new brunswick
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Coba in January??

thank you so much for all the great tip!! we can't wait to discover Mexico!!

new brunswick
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Coba in January??

any room suggestions of which villa to request at Coba? which pool is the "quiet" pool? we are debating beteween villa 30-31 or 23-25......tips???

Manitoba
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Coba in January??

We stayed in 5 last time. There was a small pool near there. This was a very quiet corner of the resort. This time we are asking for building 23 or 24. The pool near these buildings were quiet most of the time, with the exception of 1 evening, where there was a celebration. It didn't last all hours of the evening. Didn't get out too much to the other pool near 30, 31. With your choices, you'll be closer to the restaurants. No need to worry about getting around the resort. It's a little overwhelming at first, but the shuttle service is excellent. What impressed me was the maintenance and cleanliness of the resort.

moncton
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Coba in January??

hey we are going to GBPC in January too on the same dates .. where are you leaving from ? we are leaving from moncton and we are just my husband and I