We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sirenis or Palladium???

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sirenis or Palladium???

Next May Best advice Sirenis or Palladium going with 3 kids 8 twins and 12 year old , can anyone let me know wich one is nicer for a family of 5 food beach its

Summerland, Canada
Level Contributor
55 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sirenis or Palladium???

Been to the Sirenis, beach & pools would be great for kids. Lazy river & ice cream bar also would appeal to kids. Food was excellent throughout, buffets & ala carte.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
41,249 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sirenis or Palladium???

Basia - you need to do some research yourself!!!!!!

best to look at both resorts and then ask pertinent ?

Are you asking for food, kids programs, tours, beach ................

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sirenis or Palladium???

yes food ,beach and more .Been to Ocean coral &t in Puerto Morelos was fine but looking for somthing nicer clear blue water for sure .!!!!! did reasearch but just not sure and maybe 5 hotels in Riviera maya sauth of puerto morelos take 5 in room .

Lethbridge Alberta
Level Contributor
569 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sirenis or Palladium???

We have been twice to the Palladium resorts and we will be heading to Grand Sirenis in Jan.

You can't go wrong with the Palladium, long beach to walk on, 1/2 is soft white sand to walk into the ocean, the other half has coral to snorkle in

food, lots of varieties, unlimited ala-carts

lots a train cars to get you around. Palladium addict has a web site with lots of good info also google unofficial palladium , Cape Cod Anne take care of that site

Fort St. John, BC
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sirenis or Palladium???

My two sons (11 & 13) and I got back from the Sirenis on Dec. 5th. The beach at the Sirenis is great for lounging, but not the greatest for playing in bare feet as there are spots with exposed rock. There are still large areas to play around in, but the whole beach is only about 250meters with rock areas in between. There is also a lot of rock in the water as well, so not the greatest for running in and out of the water. The water was not too clear, but that may have been due to the wind stirring up the waves.

Everything else at the Sirenis is top notch for kids. The large rooms where great for the eveings, but the gap between the bedroom and bathroom could be an issue for some families.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,662 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sirenis or Palladium???

Ditto to what LTCREIM said - I was disappointed in the beach at the GS but the rest of the resort is lovely and very kid friendly.

HTH

Edmonton,Canada
Level Contributor
322 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sirenis or Palladium???

Just got back from the Palladium and I thought they had a really good kids program. The staff worked with the children during the day and they put on a musical every night before the more adult show. We watched their version of High School Musical and Grease. It was really funny.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Sirenis or Palladium???

thank you all

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,111 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sirenis or Palladium???

i have been to sirenis and palladium, it really depends on what you want for the kids to keep them busy. At GS there is the lazy river, ice cream shop, they do have a kids club and kids evening entertainment too. At palladium there is the train and boat for rides, a kids club too. The best thing about palladium for kids is they open at 5:30 for dinner and you need NO reservations for a la cartes adn they are unlimited!!!!! palladium is alot bigger then GS, so that is something you need to decide if you like or not. I LOVED both and would go back to both! :)

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
41,249 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Sirenis or Palladium???

beach and sand much nicer at Palladium but a much larger resort