We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good reasonable fishing excursions

Prescott, Canada
Level Contributor
164 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Good reasonable fishing excursions

Hi we will going to the GBP in February. My husband and brother love to fish. Does anyone know about any excursions. And maybe the price. They went 2 years ago in Punta Cana and had a great time. They didn't book it through the resort, they booked from a guy going up and down the beach privately and got a great price. Anyone know about that sort of thing? Thanks for your help. Now with the holidays over I can only think of sand, sun and cervesas..

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,377 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Good reasonable fishing excursions

Did you want to do deep sea diving (try http://www.captricksfishing.com/boats.htm)

or local fishing (goto Akumal and rent a smaller boat/Panga through a Dive shop ($150 for 3 hrs)

Pendleton, Oregon
Level Contributor
416 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good reasonable fishing excursions

There are a lot of guys with boats in Playa del Carmen down on the beach by Gran Porto Real. We went fishing for 3 hours and 1 hour of great snorkelling. Cost was $180. We didn't make reservations - just went down there. We all caught fish, but the snorkel time was the best. I've never seen so many colorful fish.

Lethbridge Alberta
Level Contributor
569 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good reasonable fishing excursions

A nice thing to do is go into Akumal to Cueva del Pescador Restaurant

Carlos is the owner, he does the hook and cook fishing

rates in the summer was 3 hours $150.00 US. The fish is returned back to the restaurant and cook for you that evening the way you want it

He has some boats parked on the beach just north of Bahia and south of GORM.

omaha, ne
Level Contributor
2,259 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good reasonable fishing excursions

Don't know for sure, but I would guess there will be someone on the beach at GBP who could hook you up. (Sorry for the terrible pun, I had to)

Or as already stated above, Go the Akumal and talk to the people at the dive shop.

Kansas
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Good reasonable fishing excursions

The most reasonable rate we found and used was Akumal Dive Adventures on Halfmoon Bay. $90.00 for 2 hours for up to 4 people. Jose was great. Smaller boat but Jose is very skilled. We caught fish when bigger boats did not. The Cueva del Pescador restaurant crew looked very successfull. Several days we saw them hauling in huge Mahi-Mahi. It is also a great, inexpensive restaurant with strong Margaritas.

6. Re: Good reasonable fishing excursions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2010, 05:17