We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Milk in Mexico

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Charlottetown...
Level Contributor
366 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Milk in Mexico

Hi there,

My husband is a big milk drinker and was wondering how the milk compares to Canadian milk?

USA
Level Contributor
7,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Milk in Mexico

Try it and see how he likes it. That said, if he does not like it (it is different tasting though very safe with different processing) you can get the same type of milk we have in the USA at Walmart in Playa Del Carmen.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Milk in Mexico

My wife said it reminded her of whole milk that was a bit sweet. I know I liked it in my coffee.

Grand Falls...
Level Contributor
1,044 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Milk in Mexico

I'm not a big milk drinker, however I like it in my White Russians and My Mud Slides. How is the milk in Mexico???

okotoks
Level Contributor
550 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Milk in Mexico

It usually comes in cartons UHT like the 1 liter containers in Canada.

It does have a different taste than regular milk.

Charlottetown...
Level Contributor
366 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Milk in Mexico

Thanks for the info, I will pass it along to him and our friend who is a big white russian drinker. Not too worried about what they serve as when we were in DR in 2008, friends ordered white russians in a bar in the evening, and because of the language barrier, they were served red wine, twice, must be because both drinks start with W. No complaining, just say thank you, and drink it.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
996 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Milk in Mexico

Yes its usually UHT that is served. Its fine in coffee and cocktails but I wouldn't like to drink it on its own.

Lethbridge Alberta
Level Contributor
569 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Milk in Mexico

Most milk in Mexico is Super Ultra Pasturized, done with a U V light

It can be stored on a shelf till it is opened, then it has to be refrigerated . It is rated about 6% butter fat

Very tasty, thats why the ice cream is so good down there, love that butter fat

Tulum, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Milk in Mexico

The last poster explained it well. However, you can buy light, whole, low fat, whatever. Semidescremada is like low fat. I believe it's fine but leaves an aftertaste. No problem in coffee, cereal, or drinks. I just don't like the aftertaste when I drink it alone. Very cold is better. Even with ice in it. But when I crave "milk", I go to Playa and Walmart. lol

9. Re: Milk in Mexico

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2010, 05:19