We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

who has just come back? how cool is the evening

canada
Level Contributor
309 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
who has just come back? how cool is the evening

Hi all brining a lot of dresses skirts and tops but weather forecast this time of year seems cool. Will have a light sweater is that enough?

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,328 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: who has just come back? how cool is the evening

The temp can vary widely from one week to the next - here's a link to a post from last week.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g499445-i9177-k342…

Amherstburg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: who has just come back? how cool is the evening

We just came back Thursday, and a cold front was moving in. Our last night was probably around 60-65, and very windy. The entire week was windy..I needed a jacket but seldom wore long pants. They told us there were two cold fronts coming in. That can change quickly though. When are you going?

canada
Level Contributor
309 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: who has just come back? how cool is the evening

we are going on March 7th

Maryland
Level Contributor
287 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: who has just come back? how cool is the evening

I'm not the original poster, but am following the weather too. We're leaving Tuesday, 3/2. The forecast looks kind of chilly-- mid-seventies during the day and mid-high fifties at night. I hope I'm wrong...

Temple

Amherstburg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: who has just come back? how cool is the evening

Hi all...we have found the weather reports to be fairly accurate...except, when they call for rain and clouds. Even on the weather down there...they call for rain pretty much every day. We have been to this area of Mexico four times, and have seldom had rain. During our week..Feb 18 to 25th, we had a half day of rain, an evening of rain, and a half hour another day. We had three days of sun and the rest were mostly cloudy. Very windy the entire time, and temps in the day ranged from high 70's to how 90's. Out last night was very cold, as was it on the morning we left...maybe 60 to 65. The rest of our nights were coolish, but not bad. The weather down there seems to change very quickly..so hopefully you will all get good weather. Have great trips!

canada
Level Contributor
309 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: who has just come back? how cool is the evening

Just looked at the Akumal webcam...all in bathing suits weather looks perfect (today)

but thanks for the tips on evening...looks like I will be bring (a few) sweaters

webcam:

locogringo.com/upload/akumal-beach-cam.html

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
42,684 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: who has just come back? how cool is the evening

someone commented that the thermometer reading via a weather page and the Akumal web cam was as different as 10 degress (F).

I believe the web cam is accurate so if you want a weather report on what it's like today , look there

Chicago IL
Level Contributor
112 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: who has just come back? how cool is the evening

Just back last night and it was very cool in the evenings and early mornings. We wore jean jackets/sweatshirts most evenings and mornings.

British Columbia
Level Contributor
79 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: who has just come back? how cool is the evening

We got back on Friday after 2 weeks and I wish that I'd packed an extra sweater or a windbreaker. I only had one sweater with me, and it was getting pretty musty smelling by the end of the week. Some evenings it was still warm and humid, others it was windy and/or wet and cold. One night I wore jeans and sneakers and my sweater over a long sleeve shirt to dinner and shivered the whole way there and back - depending on where the restaurant is, you can be outside for quite a while. We also wish that we'd packed a couple of compact umbrellas.

Big Pine Key...
Level Contributor
24 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: who has just come back? how cool is the evening

Just came back last night. It rained a lot, 2 sunny days out of 5, and it was a lot cooler than we expected. We are from FL but even the Canadians we were with wore sweaters and long pants. A sweater plus light jacket wouldn't be out of the question at night, especially since most of the restaurants are open-air.