We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle with Tour Company

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Shuttle with Tour Company

I am looking forward to taking the shuttle provided by my tour company which is Air Canada. I think this is a good time to get to meet other travellers and a chance to see the scenery....Does anyone else feel this way too?

Wayne, New Jersey
Level Contributor
741 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttle with Tour Company

I have taken the tour co. shuttles most of the time You also get to see the locations of other resorts, which can be interesting. But you are also waiting for the shuttle to fill and stoppiing at other resorts, maybe delaying your arrival at your resort. I think I enjoyed the shuttles much more my 1st few trips and would rather take a direct/private transfer if possible now. Have a great time...

Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
84 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuttle with Tour Company

I agree with Bob. Depending on what resort you are staying at, you could have a very lengthy bus ride. The further out from the airport your resort is usually results in several stops at other resorts on the way. We have travelled to the Yucatan 9 times. I prefer taking a private shuttle (Cancun Valet is our preference) at this point. Last year we took the shuttle provided by Sunquest as my husband has returned to school so we wanted to save money. He's still back in school this year and we are definitely going to shell out the extra money to book Cancun Valet. It took over 2 1/2 hours to get from the airport to the GBP as we stopped at 6 other resorts on the way. Previously, it took just over 1 hour when we went to GBP via private shuttle. Our 40 + year old bones prefer not to sit on a bus for 2 1/2 hours!! Just my 2 cents worth.....

Minnesota
Level Contributor
299 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shuttle with Tour Company

I agree with both Bob & Kris that it's fun (especally the first time or two) to see the other resorts, and that waiting around for the bus to fill (especally if you are with Apple and they are using the big tour buses) can take a couple of extra hours.

My main problem however was on the return trip. If staying at a resort closer to Akumal / Tulum (our prefered area), you will be picked-up hours early, and will arrive at the airport with lots of people at the same time - filling the lines at the counters.

We always take private shuttles now.

Have a great trip!

4. Re: Shuttle with Tour Company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2011, 05:17