We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

gran bahia principe hacienda ???

wirral
Level Contributor
84 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
gran bahia principe hacienda ???

reviews are mainly for Coba,Tulum and Akumal , one of the british sites that I have looked at is advertising gran bahia Hacienda .Is this on the same complex? if so what is thedifference as itapperas to be more expensive that the others.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
135 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: gran bahia principe hacienda ???

Hi Davmo.

I have also noticed that Thomas Cook is now advertising Gran Bahia as Hacienda . I have been looking for over 12 months at this resort and its the first time I have seen it advertised like this it is normaly displayed as Coba, Tulum or Akumal, seems a bit strange... is this a way of us having to pay more for our holiday in UK?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
559 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: gran bahia principe hacienda ???

The premium club at GBP Tulum is called the Hacienda section.

3. Re: gran bahia principe hacienda ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 02 November 2010, 01:37
Wembley, United...
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: gran bahia principe hacienda ???

The Hacienda section is the premium section at the Tulum part of the resort (sometimes called diamond club), all three sections have a premium area, in the Akumal and Coba section they are called golden club.it is normal practice to pay a little extra for these sections , which entitles you to a few extras such as robes in the rooms, an extra a lacarte booking per week, free internet etc

wirral
Level Contributor
84 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: gran bahia principe hacienda ???

Thankyou for your help

Do you think it is worth paying the extra ? If not which part of the resort do you recommend.

We stayed at edss 2 years ago for our 30th anniversary and we do like to be spoilt when we are on holiday

We want to experience a bigger resort next year but we are having trouble deciding were to stay and this resort looks very appealing.

chigwell, essex. uk
Level Contributor
1,312 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: gran bahia principe hacienda ???

I have been reading reviews on here and it seems that Thomas Cook are not actually stating whether you will be in Akumel, Coba or Tulum part of the complex. It seems the Hacienda is the "upgraded" areas/rooms and each of the above has one of these sections.

I also read of a wedding group of 30 people, from the UK being split up all over the complex, despite doing a group booking with TC.

This must have been a nightmare for them, when arranging to meet up for meals drinks etc.

Has anyone booked recently and been told specifically which of the three hotels they are staying in?

The long transfer from the airport is one thing that really puts me off this complex. So undecided as to whether to book at the moment.

Lorraine

Devon
Level Contributor
117 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: gran bahia principe hacienda ???

Don't be put off by the distance from the airport. We came back from our second trip to GBP yesterday.

We had an amazing time. Last year and this year I sent the hotel an email asking if we could be located in the Akumal section and our requests were honoured on both occasions.

We had a free upgrade to Club Golden when we booked with First Choice this year. Unfortunately the Club Golden part of Akumal is a fair distance from the pools and main lobby, so we asked to stay in Villa 47 which was not in the Club Golden Section. It was a great location and we still got the junior suite and bath robes, etc.

If I'm honest, I probably wouldn't pay extra for the Club Golden facilities.

We had a private transfer from the airport with USA Transfers - brilliant service and well worth the money. It took an hour and 15 minutes.

If you want to know anything else about the resort, give me a shout.

Alberta
Level Contributor
3,639 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: gran bahia principe hacienda ???

I have no idea what the UK travel companies are saying. However, you can be sure that only the Tulum section of the resort has what is called Hacienda. So if you go for that option, I suspect you will be placed in the villas to the North of the main lobby in Tulum. That is the official Hacienda section. It is also shown on the map of the resort.

My personal preferance is the Golden Club section of Akumal. If you are fortunate you will not only get the extra services of the Hacienda/Golden/Diamond/Premier clubs, but also get a villa really close to the beach.

Manchester uk
Level Contributor
24 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: gran bahia principe hacienda ???

Hi I have booked to go in July next next year and paid extra to stay in the Hacienda part, but if before you book you look at the standard holiday in the holiday details you can get a free upgrade to the Hacienda part if you book before end of December and go next year I think between May and October would save a bit of money

can't wiat

Jane

Manchester uk
Level Contributor
24 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: gran bahia principe hacienda ???

Hi I have booked to go in July next next year and paid extra to stay in the Hacienda part, but if before you book you look at the standard holiday in the holiday details you can get a free upgrade to the Hacienda part if you book before end of December and go next year I think between May and October would save a bit of money

can't wiat

Jane