We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Latest review about theft

toronto
Level Contributor
380 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Latest review about theft

After reading the latest review makes me want to scratch my head. first of all, why blame the staff for taking the american money from a purse after her husband loses it. How do you know that it wasn't another tourist who took the money and the visa. And the staff find the purse and return the passports and tourist cards to you and you immediatly blame them for taking it because the money is missing. I'm sorry to say that there are desperate people everywhere in the world who would not think twice about taking the money and visa and tosing away the purse. This happens in Toronto for gawds sakes.

Also, why tell people a tip is to bypass the line to the buffett and enter the exit entrance and take your own table. What kind of person does that while others have to wait. That is just plain terrible behaviour and to promote it is unbeleivable.

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Ontario
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Latest review about theft

Which resort?

toronto
Level Contributor
380 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Latest review about theft

Sorry, Bahia prinicpe coba

Boston...
Level Contributor
498 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Latest review about theft

It must have been the male maid that "robbed" them. What male could resits these items?

"also 1 pac of tic tacs, 1 lipstick ..."

"also would like to mention,,we had a male maid for the week in our room, Not that good,,we left a tip everyday...he did not clean very good, and also my wife noticed that a few tampons were missing"

It takes all kinds

Ormond Beach...
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Latest review about theft

eeeew!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
65 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Latest review about theft

I agree with you donna 123. It is ridiculous to blame the staff! I had the same thought when I read that review. Why couldn't they commend the staff for returning the purse with the passports still in them???

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
559 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Latest review about theft

If you read the only other contribution this couple made it also mentions security concerns, and people going through their stuff. Some might even say they are paranoid, but that does not mean that someone is not out to get them.

Leicestershire
Level Contributor
312 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Latest review about theft

when I read that post I thought- how could you know staff took it?

Common we know alot of people given the opportunity would have took the cash. And I in know way condone that behaviour but being realisitic!

If I left my pruse I would just be glad the visas and passports were still there....

The concern about a camera being stolen out of the room did concern me slgihtly though?

Kir321

toronto
Level Contributor
380 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Latest review about theft

Seriously though i would never in my life notice a couple of tampons missing. lol

The Colony, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
1,756 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Latest review about theft

I'm with you Donna123 - I don't think I would have noticed either - but then again I'm not the type that would complain in a public forum about it either.

It takes all kinds.

Toronto
Level Contributor
408 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Latest review about theft

Thank you for posting what we were all thinking! When I saw the title I thought oh know here we go again, as we were robbed out of our locked safe in Negril a couple of years ago (riu) and thought come on not another resort with this track record...then I read the review and just laughed. Make sure to have a count of how many tampons you pack lol

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica