We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Bahia Principe - Tulum Hacienda Suite Accomodation

Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
82 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Gran Bahia Principe - Tulum Hacienda Suite Accomodation

We are spending a week at the resort, and leaving in 4 days (yeah! It is so snowy here in MN!). We are booked in a Junior Suite in the hacienda section. I know we get an extra meal at the ala carte restaurants by staying there, and a private reception when we arrive. I was wondering what, if any, the other "perks" are when you stay i the hacienda section. I have read about the Club Diamond, is that the same? I read a recent review re: construction on site, does anyone know if it is in this area of the resort, and if so, any room recommendations for our family of 4?

Thank you i advance.

Alberta
Level Contributor
207 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Gran Bahia Principe - Tulum Hacienda Suite Accomodation

Club Diamond and Hacienda Principe are the same section, I believe different tour companies use different names.

The construction is at the opposite end of the Tulum section, and to be honest I never heard it when we were there. I think the villas right beside it aren't being used right now so there should be no noise issues. I think all of the buildings in the Diamond section are good, but building 46 is probably your best shot at a peek at the ocean. If you get third floor in any your chances are pretty good, if that's what you're after. Buiding 40 is a little closer to the main lobby, and right by the Diamond Pool.

As far as your amenities, they will be the same as the upgrades in Coba and Akumal - your extra a la carte, robes, slippers and beach towels in your room, and additional toiletries. You also get one thing the others don't, and that's access to the Diamond Pool - which is quite nice. It's smaller than the others and much quieter. This section of the resort is quite laid back - good if you like quiet, but the kids may want more action.

Edited: 22 December 2010, 15:21
Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
82 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gran Bahia Principe - Tulum Hacienda Suite Accomodation

Thanks for the info, it cleared things up for me.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
486 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gran Bahia Principe - Tulum Hacienda Suite Accomodation

Nancy,

You could try for 43, 34,35, 40 and you might get lucky. The resort will be at full capacity with the holiday's but the CH section has some good bulidings that offer a view. The palms are getting taller now so not sure just how muh of aview you will have.

Check the maps and go from there.

Snowman :O)

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
82 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gran Bahia Principe - Tulum Hacienda Suite Accomodation

Thanks for the suggestions. One more question - what is the dress code for the ala carte restaurants? We have reservations at Arlequín, Mikado, and La Gran Tortuga and I'm starting to think about packing. Do men have to wear long pants? Can sandals be worn?

Alberta
Level Contributor
207 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Gran Bahia Principe - Tulum Hacienda Suite Accomodation

Arlequin is a gourmet a la carte so he will have to wear long pants. My husband wears sandals, but not flip flops, to every restaurant. The other a la cartes he can wear shorts if he likes.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
40,806 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Gran Bahia Principe - Tulum Hacienda Suite Accomodation

There are some separate threads on dress codes. Read the last page or two

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
82 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gran Bahia Principe - Tulum Hacienda Suite Accomodation

Thanks everyone for the info. We just got back, and are missing it already. We had a fabulous time, and absolutely loved staying at Tulum. The Diamond Club was essential. I thought the resort was empty, and found out ti was filled to capacity! The special check in, lobby, pool and beach area were never full. Also, eating at Tequilas for lunch and dinner was awesome. Also, never full. The staff was so nice and everything was great. Will write a trip review later.

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,251 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gran Bahia Principe - Tulum Hacienda Suite Accomodation

Did you mean eating at Tequilas for breakfast & lunch - it's available as a buffet for Diamond/Hacienda guests exclusively. Just wanted to clear it up....

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
82 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gran Bahia Principe - Tulum Hacienda Suite Accomodation

Yes, eating at Tequila's for breakfast and lunch. We never did go there for dinner. We went to Arlequin, Gran Tortuga, and Mikadao and loved them all. Arlequin was the favorite.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gran Bahia Principe - Tulum Hacienda Suite Accomodation

My husband and I just booked today for the Club Diamond juinior suite. As I was reading the chat it answered my question as to the differnece from Club Hacienda to Club Diamond. Good to hear they are the same.

Anything else we should know about the Club Diamond section?

How are the rooms?