We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Construction at GBP

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
264 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Construction at GBP

Hi Guys,

I know there is construction at GBP for the dolphinarum ( we certainly would not have booked the hotel had we known as we are against animal explotation ) but can someone clarify where the construction is?

I thought it was at the very end of resort near the Hacienda ( Club diamond ) of Tulum, but from reading trip reports am getting the idea it is between Akumal and Tulum?

We will be requesting rooms at Tulum through Thomas Cook and just want to know which ones are best away from the construction.

Also our booking has got an upgrade to Hacienda room subject to availability, which hopefully they will have as its my birthday the day we arrive :)

Thanks

Hels

1. Re: Construction at GBP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 14 January 2011, 14:45
Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
504 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Construction at GBP

Wouldn't that be the south end?

Ontario Can.
Level Contributor
2,265 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Construction at GBP

Steve you are right. Construction near block 32 is the south section of Tulum. The Hacienda is at the north end of the resort. The top of the Tulum main lobby/Akumal Bar, can be seen from Akumal Bay which is just to the north.

Midland, Canada
Level Contributor
3,468 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Construction at GBP

I am obviously directionally challaged. I have removed my incorrect post and reposted it on the next thread with the correct directions. Thanks for pointing that out guys.

Midland, Canada
Level Contributor
3,468 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Construction at GBP

There is construction that is ongoing at the Tulum section of the Bahia. It is right beside villa 32 which is on the south end of the Tulum resort. It is loud and very annoying according to one poster.

This posted by shCalgary

"Hola. We were at the resort just before Christmas, and our friends stayed in Block 32 (right next to construction). They were awoken early every morning (including weekends) by the noise, and it was so loud in the early evening they could not even have a conversation. Sitting on their deck was out of the question.

Eventually after four days of complaining they were finally moved to a different building. Avoid this end of the resort (if possible) until construction is completed."

The Hacienda section is at the opposite end of the Tulum resort and should not present a problem.

Lisbon,Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon, Samana Province, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
6,828 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Construction at GBP

Is it real a dolphinarum??!!

Alberta
Level Contributor
207 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Construction at GBP

Yes, it has been confirmed by management.

Lisbon,Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon, Samana Province, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
6,828 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Construction at GBP

And the opening date? Does anyone knows?

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
1,358 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Construction at GBP

I too would be interested in the dates as well as I would like to know when the task is completed.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
2,050 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Construction at GBP

gotcha covered alterry - peace dude